Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pondering proper brushing...

Longtime readers know that a bitch’s older brother is autistic and that my sister and I are co-guardians.

Well, ‘tis that time of year again…when plans and budgets meet and all manner of shit gets fucked up from the floor up.

A bitch is getting my guardianship on…lobbying for that insurance bill in Missouri…making sure yearly appointments are scheduled…reviewing meds and dosages…and problem solving the best way to demonstrate proper tooth brushing techniques to an autistic adult who is neglecting his gum line.

We’re giving that dental wash that stains where brushing needs to happen a whirl today.

Sigh.

Oh, and my ass is reading up on the Missouri budget to see what’s being cut from programs that have already been cut to the bone.

Pause…consider…continue.

Something tells me the brushing project may be easier than the budget cut analysis.

Blink.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Good luck with both endeavors. Something tells me most of the people in power at state level are completely out of touch with the realities faced by regular folks struggling to meet human obligations without bulging bank accounts.

Dr. D said...

I'm a regular reader of your posts and have so much admiration for you! Rock on. If ever you are in the Bay Area, I'd love to take you out for a drink!

libhom said...

Wow, I can't go to any blog these days without seeing another reason for single payer healthcare. When I read things like this, I think "HR 676" over and over again.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...