Thursday, October 04, 2007

Don’t you remember you told me you’d govern, baby?

****to the music of Luther's Superstar****
Oh Congress?

Don't you remember you told me you loved me, baby?
You said you'd be seriously addressing this nation’s problems this time, baby
Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby
I’m so over you
Yeah...I’m over you

Long ago
And oh, so far away
I fell in sorta-like with your platform (wink)
Before the 2006 election

And your speechifications
And you seemed so sweet and clear
But you weren’t really there
It was just complete bullshit!

Don't you remember you told me you’d govern, baby?
You said you'd be restoring oversight and fiscal responsibility, baby
Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby, yeah
I’m over you
So over you…

Lawd have mercy.
Cough.

I’ve been told that good parents remember what it was like to be a child so I’m going to draw on that shit right now.

A bitch has been watching the back and forth sorta-debate going on over advertisements and ig’nant radio comments. Mmmhmmm, and I know what Congress is doing.

Do they think a bitch wasn’t a wee bitch once…and that I didn’t latch onto a juicy piece of distraction-based bullshit to avoid doing my homework back in the day?

Please...that move is as old as questioning the patriotism of your political enemy.

Blink.

But if Congress thinks for one hot second that they can bullshit around over who has been more inappropriate then slide their happy asses into the winter recess without handling the bitness they were elected to handle…well, they’ve got another thing coming.

Hey Congress!

You need to look at me when I’m talking to you.

Turn off the television and click that radio off, damn it! Since when do you have time to debate a newspaper ad when you haven’t debated a motherfucking piece of legislation in forever and a day?

Shit.

Y’all need to correct thyself if you intend to re-elect thyself!

Blink.

Damn it, these fools have a bitch sounding like my Grandmother...

5 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

If only we could get our grandmothers to take over governing the country!

I thought the Republicans were a sorry bunch of idiots, but these Democrats don't seem to be much better.

Anonymous said...

Say, ABB - shhhhhh...
Leave them alone, let them just self-destruct. Stand by for the self-immolation of Larry Toe-tap Craig, Diaper Dave Vitter, et al.

proudprogressive said...

amen ! - this bunch and I mean ALL of em do bring out the mean granny streak in me as well. I swear. It really worries me how out of touch they truly are and how bought off they EACH one of em seem to be. Sometimes it really makes me lose faith in the system..

yeah i know the american dream ain't what it used to be and it NEVER was but shese We do have a constitution and a rule of law , that is supposed to eventually ? catch all the human transgressions etc. Craig, Vitter, perfect examples of their "oh wellness" and that is not even the big stuf


i find myself even madder at the dems lately then the thugs. At least the thugs are straight up fuckwits , the dems try to be something they aren't . Right now i am gonna vote for Kucinch..buts its gonna take more than that. Its gonna take impeachment and with THIS bunch - fogeddaboutit.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

BAW, If you could record that and post it as an mpeg file I'd really appreciate it. The little woman and I have been looking for some new gooda love makin music.

Shark-Fu said...

Oh honey, my singing voice would kill the mood!

I recommend the original Vandross recording...voice like velvet.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...