Friday, September 07, 2012

ICYMI: Kansas City Bishop Finn was found guilty for not reporting sex abuse

I’ve watched coverage of the trial of Kansas City Bishop Robert Finn, because the case is so disturbing.

Here’s a timeline of case. 

A warning…the lack of urgency, compassion for victims, and due diligence will likely turn your stomach.

Bishop Finn is the first sitting United States bishop to be criminally charged for covering up child sexual abuse.

On Thursday he was found guilty on one count. 

Finn has been given a suspended sentence of two years of probation and will be required to undergo training for reporting suspected abuse.

This story didn’t make the morning news…

…but it should have.

Blink.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I've been following this case too, and noticed that the results of the bench trial weren't nearly as big a news story as I thought they should be. Ah, well.

Rileysdtr said...

Isn't this the guy who paid a priest to resign? Oh.... my. Apparently Indulgences are back in vogue. I'd say Martin Luther is laughing at us, but it's far more likely he's in a corner with St. Augustine weeping.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...