Thursday, March 29, 2007

Time for a foot soak...

Lawd have mercy, I am tired as hell!

A bitch got my lobby on yesterday with 200 fellow activists in Jefferson City as part of PROMO's Lobby Day...and my ass is tired as hell as a result. The capitol has a lot of stairs...a few elevators, but lots and lots followed by lots of stairs.

Wince.

So, this bitch got to know my crutches better. Shit, we're the best of friends now!

Ugh.

The most inspiring part of Lobby Day was that so many young people participated. I kept thinking that the world can't be total shit when young folks are willing to spend the day running the stairs (ouch) and educating their elected representatives.

Fantabulous!

Now, I'm enjoying a day off and a foot soak.

Ahhhh, Epsom Salt...

2 comments:

Maven said...

Hope you're on the mend, soon!

Anonymous said...

Yo AngryBlackBitch!

Amy here.
Good to finally meet you at PROMO Lobby Day.
Just thought I'd leave a note in your comment box.
Great blog.

Whew. I totally hear you about those marble steps. What were those architects thinking?

I was great to see the young folks there. Quite inspiring.

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy this gorgeous day!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Peace Out,
Amy

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...