Monday, March 01, 2010

An earthquake in Chile…

Over the weekend, an 8.8 magnitude earthquake hit Chile.

I can’t even imagine what that must have felt like…but reports are that an earthquake of that magnitude releases more energy and an atomic bomb.

Even as the world continues to reach out and support Haiti after the horrific destruction from an earthquake there, we now must find the resources to assist Chile and the surrounding region.

Please feel free to post links to organizations and articles in the comments.

My thoughts are with the people of Chile and Haiti…

…there, but for a shift in the New Madrid fault, go I.

2 comments:

Black British Chick Online said...

Yes, the thoughts of all Brits are with the people of Chile and Haiti too

Eureka Springs, AR said...

Well said, Mrs B. From one who was on Haight Street during the last big one in San Fran... and who now has not much more than a barbed-wire fence between myself and the New Madrid.

I leave you with an old song in thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCqxq6xqoXI

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...