Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Oh my...

Lawd, have mercy!

Rumsfeld is gone! After years of dream-based whoop-ass and merciless correction…spankings upon spankings upon spankings, I tell you…it turns out that the people voting in record numbers did the deed.

Who knew?

On a much lighter note…
Go on with your bad self, Deval Patrick! A bitch was so involved in the battles here in Missouri that my ass didn’t learn that Massachusetts elected their first black Governor until this morning.

And a bitch is pleased to note that Mr. Patrick won with the endorsements of NARAL, NOW, Planned Parenthood and MassEquality PAC.

Fantabulous!

On a Pro-Choice note…
To my sisters and brothers in the struggle to protect choice in South Dakota…HELL YES!

Way to defend, y’all!

And on an Arizona specific note…
Congrats go out to Homer (wink) and his fellow Arizona residents for defeating the proposed marriage ban!

Whew!

This bitch plans to float on this wave of vote-based correction for the next 24 hours at least.

And then we, the people, have work to do. Our job doesn’t end at the vote, chil’ren…it begins. Promises were made and the responsibility of holding government accountable is ours.

So, let’s celebrate our victories and analyze our losses.

Go on and shake that groove thang! Mmmmmhmmm…get ig’nant up in this motherfucker!

Just don’t misplace that to-do list whilst celebrating.

We’ve only just begun to fight…

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Donald.

Brian said...

I have had no sleep...

Now I have to take my black @ss to work. lol

But Lordy!!!! It feels good.

Did you see that last night ABB.... Did you See ST. Louis, St. Louis County, KC????? That was powerful.

She was trailing all night.... And I was conversing with some old moderate/Conservative folks at the Moderate Voice talking about Talent has it wrapped up (This was before STL and KC were counted)...

I said.... ummm uh uhhhh. I suggest you mofos pay attention to your TV screens (because I know the voting patterns here).

And i'll be damned if it didn't play out exactly right. LOL

I know these Conservative clowns are sick to their stomach... lol Especially the ones who went to bed early....

They (rich uppities from MO and across the country) only seemed to be concerned with losing their damn tax cut. Selfish bastards....

The rest of the country (and it's problems) be damned....according to them.


But yeah... Christmas has arrived early for me!

tonya said...

I am starting to rely on you a lot to keep me politically informed (peeked at your blog this morning before I even went to the news sites!) Massachusetts seems to be THE place to live! Although we didn't do too badly in NY -- Dems won almost all the races, and I'm hoping our Senator Re-Elect becomes the next Pres :) I had no idea my hometown state (AZ) had a marriage ban proposal on the ballots -- and that thing looked nastily all-encompassing!

Anonymous said...

Deval Patrick reminds me of a smokeless Barack Obama with a Clinton connection and a bit less of that Obama magic.

I still say If Harold Ford were married to a black woman he would be Sentator-Elect Ford-Of course better to be a single loser than a cheating winner I suppose.

I would love to know your thoughts on the inside baseball rumors that Harry Reid is dangling the Senate Majority Leader spot to Hillary in exchange for a committment to skip 08.

Anonymous said...

There is jubilation today here in Massachusetts. Not only did Patrick beat the pants off of Healey, a fervent subscriber to the Republican Culture of Selfishness philosophy whom he took down with over 20 percentage points, but every one of our incumbent candidates who supports marriage equality was returned to office, and several who do not lost their seats in favor of others who do.

It is all so very delicious.

Hammer said...

ABB! Holy Shit! I think I just creamed my pants! YAY! See what some angry progressives can do?!!??!?! EEEEE! maybe now I won't have to become an expat (speaking of, I have my first interview for PhD in the Netherlands next Wed!) Woo hoo!.

In the words of Arundhati Roy

"Another world is possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing."

Peace lady!

Anonymous said...

The news about Arizona makes our desision to buy a second home in Scottsdale even better. Now you'll have a porch to visit in our later years Fu! (I'll serve you the vodka crans)

Homer said...

I'm so happy I'd give you a big wet smooch!

Anonymous said...

At last! Cause Celeb! The Rotten Repubs are running for the hills.

Shark-Fu said...

Todd...make those vodka cran smoothies (it is hot as hell in 'zona) and you've got a deal!

Homer...a bitch is so happy I'd kiss you back (wink)!

~Macarena~ said...

I thought of you when I heard about Rumsfeld. Good work!

Joolya said...

Yay!!!!!
Healy of MA is a big tool and I am wicked pleased with the outcome of the election - even with all the "Deval likes RAPISTS! You can tell because he is a big BLACK man who wants to RAPE you!" ads.
And then Rummy ... it's like Christmas and my birthday and a bat mitzvah all wrapped up together!

AOB said...

Hold on there!!!!

All that happened was that the cow-pie got turned on the other side.

Washington may now be intersting but its' still a den of thieves. Now the other side gets to steal what they can. Watch those earmarks!

Poli - tricks...gotta love it!!!!!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...