Wednesday, May 06, 2020

COVID-19 UPDATE: Ways to Help Team KitKat ...

My older brother Bill has tested positive for COVID-19. For those that don't know, Bill is autistic and lives in a group home near us. My sister and I are co-guardians. We have been social distancing since March to try to protect him, but ... yeah.

So, some folk are asking how they can help. Here are some options, and thank you in advance.

1) Purchase items off of the Amazon wishlist. (note: for the thermometer, you will have to manually input Easterseals Midwest's address - see #2)

2) Make masks for direct care staff. They need 250. Let us know how many you’re sending and when you’re mailing them!

Easterseals Midwest
11933 Westline Industrial Drive
St. Louis, MO 63146
(314) 394-7100
Attn: Tom Barry re: Cloth Masks

3) Donate $25 to Easterseals Midwest. Donate here.

4) If you have a hook up for cleaning supplies (disinfectant, alcohol) please advise. They need lots of 409, Lysol Kitchen and Bath, Clorox Wipes, Alcohol (isopropyl, not Smirnoff) for dozens of group homes in the community.

5) Continue to practice social distancing, wear a mask and wash your hands!

Prayers, magic, positive thoughts, and healing energy are all welcome. We ask that you also lift up the amazing homecare workers who are providing excellent care in the midst of truly terrifying conditions. If we get feedback on what those workers need for support, I will share it on this blog.

It’s gonna take a village. Thank y'all for being part of mine.

6 comments:

Acorn Hill Farm said...

I am in the mid hudson valley of NY and understand your needs for your brother's care. We have a group of volunteers here that are sewing cloth masks for the community. Are there any groups doing this in your area? I can put your request out to our group but not sure how much can be done given the burn out here. Will share your help options to my network and am sending Love and Light to your and yours ~ Peace

Shark-Fu said...

Thank you for asking! Yes, there are folk sewing masks here in Missouri. Some have reached out already. Thank you for your work and support!

Mir said...

Good morning! I am shipping 30 masks out today. Just a small dent in the problem, I know, but it's what I have right now and I want to get something there. Fingers crossed others can do the same. :)

dinthebeast said...

I actually thought of your brother when I read that the virus is running through congregate care facilities like a wildfire through dry grass. Best wishes and hopes for his recovery.

-Doug in Sugar Pine

Anonymous said...

I just donated a blue lab coat, though the only place to donate was Easter Seals. Hope that was okay as that was the only address through Amazon #TeamKitKat always! Phyllis

Mark L. said...

Sending my love to you and Bill. I'm glad you're back blogging. I wasn't sure how I was gonna get through all this without a dose of the amazing Pam dishing out some bitchitude. Hugs. I hope he improves rapidly.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...