Friday, August 07, 2015

I've been writing...

Hi all y'all!

Things are hectic as hell as we prepare for the official launch of Reproaction on August 19th, so I haven't had a chance to get back into the rhythm of posting my thoughts here. I do plan to dust the blog off and share more...promise. I've missed practicing the fine art of bitchitude!

Anyhoo, I have been writing.

Here's an op-ed that my Reproaction partner in crime Erin Matson and I published in Rolling Stone - Why We're Losing the Planned Parenthood Debate, and How We Can Win

And here's my latest for RH Reality Check reflecting on the anniversary of the Ferguson Uprising - One Year Later: Reflections on the Ferguson Uprising

Check 'em out!

Toodles.

3 comments:

dinthebeast said...

OK, I read both pieces, and they are excellent. Why should women apologize for being women? It makes no sense. And you know you have solidarity from here in Oakland on the Ferguson Uprising. OPD wears body cameras now, and citizen complaints about the police are down.
It's still not satisfactory yet, but progress is being made. One thing about the body cameras, though: Because of a lawsuit, OPD has mandatory reforms to institute, and is perennially behind on doing so, and judge Thelton Henderson is overseeing their progress. He is awesome, and has threatened to throw the whole department into receivership if they don't get their act together. But he also appointed a panel to review the video from the body cameras. That is turning out to be nearly as important as the cameras themselves, because citizens are less likely to feel like those videos will just be ignored by OPD whose interests are more about avoiding controversy and lawsuits than actually getting to justice.
Thank you for posting again, I have missed reading your writing, and check this blog every morning.

-Doug in Oakland

Mommie Dammit said...

Doug, stop looking for the fight for reproductive rights to make any sense. It never will. So long as this nation is lead around by the short and curlies by sexual hypocrites, fake Puritanists, and the Religious Reich we will continue to be a nation that treats women as breeding stock and children as property to be bartered.

Bablu Yadav said...

Happy to read this. Thanks

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...