Monday, March 24, 2008

Theo - one year later...

Lawd, a bitch woke up feeling illish! I haven’t been sleeping well but my ass suspects this illish feeling has more to do with allergies than anything else. C-Money and I have been toying around with the idea of eating local honey to try to address this shit...fuck it, if it doesn’t work at least that shit is yummified.

Pause…add local Missouri honey to grocery list…continue.

A bitch just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge Theo the sorta-beagle’s one year anniversary in our house.

A little over a year ago my neighbor knocked on our door and asked if the sorta-beagle she was holding was my Betsey. He wasn’t but I agreed to take him in and get his ass scanned to see if we could reunite him with his family. Well, a vet visit revealed that he had been chipped. Unfortunately, the phone number connected with his micro-chip was no longer in service. So, we notified area shelters that we had a found dawg (posting pictures is a bad idea because dog fighting rings use them to secure bait dogs) and settled in to foster him.

That lasted about a month. No one came for Theo and, given his poor physical condition (eye infections, ear infections and intestinal nastification), I stopped hoping they would.

C-Money named him Thelonious after Monk and I declared him to be Theo my other sorta-beagle.

I truly believe there is a reason this dawg landed on our door step and he has been both a challenge (totally wasn’t house-trained...ugh!) and a joy (now house-trained and totally the sweetest thing...yay!).

So, happy dawg anniversary, Theo Baby!

You are a blessing and a joy...long may you bay!

One a serious tip - Spay or neuter your pets, y’all…make sure they have a collar on and that micro-chip information is up to date…and for more information about stray animals available for adoption or foster in St. Louis check out Stray Rescue of St. Louis.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

(stops sneezing my head off long enough to ask...) honey helps allergies? Do tell?

Sending extra butt rubbs to Theo on his Happy Day!

Shark-Fu said...

Mmmhmm, sister!

Raw local honey helps with allergies but it has to be from where you live.

Check it out... http://www.sweetsavvy.com/blog/index.php?cid=2274

Daisy Deadhead said...

Happy anniversary, sorta-beagle! ((doggie kisses!))

Blue said...

Is that a ridge I see on yonder back of said sort-of beagle? Looks like Theo could have some
Rhodesian Ridgeback in him.

Lee said...

Aww! Theo's so adorable! Happy puppiversary!

Agreed about neutering/spaying animals. The pounds out here are always crowded.

Anonymous said...

Theo's back is fucked up, Blue. Shark-Fu said the vet thought he may have some 'Ridge in him. I personally think he's part Bassett because of his spots and unique hound smell. He's on a diet. Once he gets to "ideal" we'll be able to see for sure if he's got big time ridge characteristics.

C-Money on Thelonious aka Theo the Baymaster

Laura in L.A. said...

I love that you rescued Theo and gave him a loving home. My former-parking-lot-stray is sleeping curled up on my bed right now. (She's a sorta-Korean-Jindo, of all things!) I thank God every day for sending her to me. Love from our family to yours!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture of a very fine comrade dog - you write beautifullly, but nothing says "resistance and solidarity!" like a dog, I say.

When you're here in beantown - consider crossing the river and hitting Dudley Square, to visit the Pepper Pot for some fine West Indian Food, and good company...

- boricua

more cowbell said...

One year! Good for Theo, and 3 cheers for his adoptive family. I've got 2 shelter dogs (Labradogs) who bring entertainment, love and insanity to the house. Not to mention vet bills! I love that Theo found a home with you and his sorta beagle sister.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...