Thursday, December 01, 2005

For Sean in Minneapolis...

This post is for a certain Sean in Minneapolis (the city that gave birth to this bitch). Yeah, you didn't think a bitch would grant your request...doubtful one. Thank you for sharing your story with a bitch. This bitch hopes you feel better soon and my ass is glad that this wee little blog has brought a smile to your lips. There is laughter in life even in the midst of drama, honey. Shit, sometimes all you can do is laugh about it. A bitch knows you are scared and tired and nauseous and angry. And a bitch is glad that you made it another day!

You are, always have been and always will be more than a diagnosis…more than AIDS. Don’t forget that. Enjoy the corn casserole. Avoid the snow.

For Sean by request...Bitchitude for World AIDS Day…

Responding to Kanye West’s song Gold Diggers…
Motherfucker please. As if there are hordes of women just hanging around desperate to latch onto your ass by getting pregnant. Shit, the only reason this bitch even heard your song is because my ass is trying to avoid Christmas Radio and my motherfucking c.d. player is broken! Listen, honey, you need to update your material. Please include a line about using a fucking condom…you do know that money won't buy you a get out of disease free card, right? How about talking to the straight boys…the rich motherfuckers acting like some woman jumped on their shit and forced them to impregnate their…what did you call it…gold digging ass. Because fear of the gold digger hasn’t done shit to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS among people of color, son.

BTW…when’s the last time your triple platinum, tacky assed, trend whore with a chip on your shoulder the size of Liz Taylor’s Burton-era bling ass got tested? Check your ego at the clinic door...asshole.

Responding to a certain tired assed bougie heifer who thinks her ass don’t have to worry…
Bitch please. Have you lost your motherfucking mind? Did you ever have any sense? Listen and listen good. If his ass prefers sex without a condom that means his ass has had sex without a condom…which should mean his ass ain’t getting any part of your ass, but whatever. Taking that well traveled penis to the clinic for pre-sex testing ain’t nearly enough.

First go to the clinic, and then wait for the fucking results. If his ass even goes to the clinic this bitch is guessing he won’t stay around long enough for you to get the results back. But, should hell freeze over, get the results back (let's assume they are negative) then go to the store and get a box of those ribbed for her pleasure condoms and tell that shady motherfucker to step off if he don’t “like it like that”. Lawd have mercy…

In reply to a certain sistah who shall remain un-named…
Certain sistah…"Oh my God, these infection numbers among women of color are so alarming!”

ABB…"Yeah, they are shocking.”

CS…"I am so glad I’m married and don’t have to deal with this!”

ABB…"Girl, for some people being married ain’t got shit to do with it.”

CS…"Well! I’m not sure what you are inferring!”

ABB, mumbling as CS stalked off…"Hard to believe that, since your husband is at the club more often than an old Catholic goes to mass.”

Moving forward...

Did you feel that Sean in Minneapolis? That’s a bitch sending you a spiritual hug! You keep reading and this bitch will keep bitching…

Everyday is World AIDS Day…know your status, be safe, get tested, live life, get educated and educate others.

Blessed be...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. I have had so many arguments about this subject.

Guy-to-girl transmission of ANYTHING is about 2.5 times more likely than girl-to-guy... which is a big factor in why guys seem to worry about it less.

And lets face it, we all lie about our number. I know I do. Just because someone says they've only had sex with a couple of people, or that they've never had unprotected sex, does NOT mean that it's okay to ride bareback.

I almost wish there were a way to make yearly testing mandatory, although under this administration I'm sure it would only be used to create a caste of 'untouchables'. (Unless my hypothesis that the ultra-rich and ultra-conservative are some freaky shits is correct... in which case they'll come out with a cure for everything before Christmas.) It would be good to make people aware of their status--especially with HIV/AIDS and HPV, where early detection prevents a whole hell of a lot of complications.

Anonymous said...

Dear Angry Black Bitch,

I'm pretty sure you're become my new hero. I was searching for information about hair relaxing (I'm a white 'mo with curly hair like you wouldn't believe) and I came across an old post of yours. I decided to check for your latest stuff and I have to say - this is the best, most honest AIDS commentary I've seen in forever.

You've totally made my World AIDS Day.

<3 you.

- The White Fairy Who Knows His Black Friends Are Cooler Than He'll Ever Be

Maven said...

Fantastic commentary, ABB. I appreciated how you used West's pimpin' & ho-in' ass as an example. I heard that GD song this past weekend watching an SNL repeat. I still can't believe some folks actually enjoy listening to those type of lyrics. But much in the way of "Fitty Cent" and his ilk glamorizing the thug persona, West's lyrics glamorize the oversexualization and objectification of women. Rather than being a pro-active, self-lovin' king of song, where he sings about protecting himself with a condom, etc... he villianizes women.

Bottom line is, unless or until some singers stop thinking with their "units," and start thinking with their brains and use the air time they so generously are bestowed with an actual agenda aimed at improving the lives of those who look up to them, I don't see this cycle changing much. They're too wrapped up in the greed, sex, drugs, violence, etc that goes on in their world, thinking it's a status symbol to be scandalous.

As an aside, in Africa, the AIDS epidemic is rampant. So rampant in fact, that they have started to test for HIV as a matter of habit when folks go see their doctors for other maladies, in an attempt to get as many folks tested (who wouldn't ordinarily have been tested), as well as to hopefully eliminate the stigma attached to HIV.

Kim said...

Lord, you made me squirt diet Sunkist out my nose. That hurt ABB. Your married friend best get herself down to the clinic.

I heard a disturbing statistic abc this morning- this year more people will die of AIDS because they haven't been tested and are unaware they are infected than people who are aware the are. Yikes.

BarefootCajun said...

I've got nothing to add but a big ol' AMEN, SISTER!

Anonymous said...

Angry Black Bitch, I love you.

dondon009 said...

Beautifully written...... and I thank you.

I agree with you, "Every day is world Aids day"......

Educate, Educate, Educate!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...