Thursday, December 15, 2005

C-Money's Sweet Potato Pie...Ripped off from Nicole...

Sweet potato pie is a must have for the holidays. Our mother's amazing recipe is now locked away in some compartment in her mind never to be seen again, so a bitch's sister has been searching for a replacement recipe to round out our holiday feasting. We had an intense taste testing during Thanksgiving and the following recipe was the winner!

Enjoy!

Sweet Potato Pie
2 cups cooked mashed fresh sweet potatoes
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
¾ cup Horizon Organic Milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix & stuff…pour into crust
Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes

Yum!

2 comments:

Susan D. said...

Tried this recipe last night... did it with a graham cracker crust (let me guess, not the right crust right?) and melted mini marshmallows on top... pure heaven, so light and satisfying! Thanks so much for sharing it, we'll be making this one regularly from now on.

Unknown said...

mnnnn... I'm a late convert to sweetpotato pie. Rest of the family wants pumpkin, so pumpkin it'll be. But I might just make me some sweetpotato pie just to have for breakfasts. Shoot, if it's just me eatin it, then I'm going to add a little ginger, and throw a handful of coconut into that crust! No, it won't be C-Money's any more, but it'll be some Good Eating!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...