Monday, September 17, 2007

Was the Emmy Award show on last night?

As some of you know, a bitch has trained my beloved TiVo to avoid all things FOX television based (wink) so I never know what’s on that channel. As a result, it appears that this bitch missed The Emmy’s…not that viewers were actually allowed to see the real show anyway.

Blink.

Mmmhmmm, the news this morning mentioned that FOX got it’s censorship on during The Emmy’s…big time! Apparently someone in the control booth (a bitch suspects His Supreme Lowness of Rancidity, Rupert Murdoch) was eager to go off air rather than risk offending those delicate FOX viewers.

Gasp!

But what set FOX off?

Was it a wardrobe malfunction?

No.

It was Sally Field.

Oh, my Gawd!

Gidget?

Yes!

It was Sally Field who set FOX's censorship alarm off…The Flying Nun herself…and her apparent wish to express her opinion during her acceptance speech.

Did she say fuck...or motherfucker...or Rupert Murdoch is a sick evil unethical motherfucker?

Uh, no. She said "And, let's face it, if the mothers ruled the war, there would be no (expletive) wars in the first place".

Rumor has it that the expletive was "damn".

Oooh, someone didn’t tell Ms. Field that things are different over at FOX. It might take the unauthorized display of a breast during “family time” to offend other network's viewers…but FOX viewers are a different breed altogether. Lawd knows how many letters FOX would have gotten if their socially conditioned cult had been forced to withstand a woman speaking her mind.

Perish the thought?

I've got a better idea...perish FOX.

Don't fret about this Sally Field!

Right now this bitch adores you!

I really, really do...

11 comments:

Antonio said...

According to TVGuide.com she says "goddamned", which caused the censorship by Fox.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know they still bothered with award shows. Are there still even shows on the major networks? I thought it was all reality and game show based entertainment these days. This bastard sticks to his BBCA and Buffy dvds.

Anonymous said...

Saw this on buzzflash.com. It's a link to the uncensored clip.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b3_1190041214&p=1

Mike S said...

I'm with Ryan, other than my daily dose of Olberman and a quick CNN update, it's BBCA, LinkTV, and the foreign channels I pay a fortune to get for me. My DVR does seem to recognize C-span, PBS, The Daily Show, and Colbert as well. Print media, the 'net', and movies:)

more cowbell said...

I also heard they bleeped "goddamned".

I guess blasphemy is now a bleepable sin in Bush Country.

m00nchild said...

We love her, we really love her.

The Lazy Iguana said...

My spy sources report she said "if mothers ruled the world, there would be no god dammed wars".

The same sources say Fox cut her off at God, so what made it out was "If mothers ruled the world, there would be no God".

And of course, no God no reason for a holy war. And no reason for a holy war means no terrorists. And no terrorists means...well you see where I am going with this.

If humanity can not handle religion, then maybe it is time to outlaw it.

I do not watch Fox (except for the animated shows on prime time TV) and I most certainly do not watch some dippy awards show UNLESS I am up for one of the awards.

Maya's Granny said...

I didn't watch it either, and I was not surprised that Fox censored Sally Field. Disgusted, but not surprised.

Cyrus said...

This morning, I had the pleasure, whilst flipping from the Golden Girls channel to some pre-work HGTV fun, of accidentally stopping long enough to see a whole panel of Fox News "Correspondents" looking angrily into the camera (and my home) and yelling at Barry Manilow to "just shut up and sing!"

I actually heard a little voice in my head say *blink*

Tish said...

Yes Fox Sucks! And Sally was cool for that. However, please try and watch Kville next Monday night! I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Not to mention that they talked bad about gasp! Blackwater "River" and the land grab going down in NOLA. I will definitely be watching next Monday. Waiting for the ratings...it'll be hard going against MNF & Heroes though...so catch the shows while they're still on!!!!

proudprogressive said...

We like her we really like her.

Democracy Now from 9/17 is a show or webstream vid or sound not to be missed..Naomi Klein and in the first part the entire Fields quote..Today 9/18 they are also continuing coverage on the Jena Six. Democracynow.org has all kinds of streams for those who do not get it on tv or radio daily and archived FREE..A day without Amy Goodman is almost as bad a day without Shark Fu..She Amy has been on the Jena Six case from the get go...

oh and faux noise..sucks

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...