Tuesday, September 11, 2007

To whom much is given…

I’m wise enough to know that some questions have no answers, but my gut tells me that everything happens for a reason. So my mind searches for that reason…for the lesson to be learned…for the inspiration to be taken…for the legacy to be built out of the ashes.

Such was my reaction to the attacks six years ago. I walked around in shock and horror just like everyone around me. But eventually I circled back to questions and searched for answers.

One of my favorite quotes from the Bible is from Luke 12:48 “To whom much is given much is expected”.

When challenged in life I return to that verse and it is there that I turn today.

Shall we live for those who loved to live and fight for a peace that they were denied?

What legacy will we build out of the ashes?

Because much has been given and thus much is expected.

So much given.

So very much expected.

And infinity beyond infinite infinity yet to be given in return.

May the Divine One comfort those who mourn.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said ABB. Yesterday was hard for me..it always is because I lost someone on that day.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...