Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Annoyed...

A bitch is annoyed.

Maybe it’s because politicians are only talking about international shit.

That does not mean that I do not care about the world…but I stay here in St. Louis Missouri. So, I want to hear presidential candidates talk about more than just international issues. The truth is, I judge President Bush a failure domestically and internationally (shudder).

I need someone to prove they have the experience to address domestic drama…that they look around this nation and see the policy failures here too…and that they can balance our domestic needs with all that other stuff.

No, I’m not an isolationist.

I’m just a bitch who lives in St. Louis Missouri and is more than a little freaked out by the “but of course I’ll handle healthcare, education, our aging infrastructure and our inability to handle natural disasters too” dismissive posture I’m seeing from folks running for office.

Trust a bitch, the Bush administration has fucked up shit at home…big time.

Or do these presidential hopefuls assume he only shoveled shit in one direction?

It’s going to take some serious policy, dedication and motherfucking focus to change course. To see that all I have to do is look around where I stay.

The state of Missouri has taken over the St. Louis city public school system, the city has crime-based drama and North City rarely sees a trickle of whatever prosperity befalls the region.

36 percent of Missouri college freshmen require remedial classes to learn the basic shit they should have learned in high school.

800 thousand Missourians do not have healthcare. That’s a damn wicked shame…but it’s the truth.

Nearly 800 thousand Missourians participate in the food stamp program and that number does not include the thousands who receive assistance because their household is not food secure.

While anti-choice folks pontificate, a bitch has witnessed the wounds left by the battles against comprehensive sex education. St. Louis city is in the middle of a Chlamydia outbreak which joins the syphilis outbreak already in play. You do the math… Chlamydia cases in St. Louis city jumped from 3,200+ in 2002 to more than 4,500 in 2006.

I’ll say it again…this bitch needs to hear some domestic policy talk and I need to hear it now. Candidates need to understand that they must achieve my vote to receive it.

Shit, we need a “New Way Forward” too and the motherfucking leadership to accomplish the mission.

But you have to acknowledge what is broken before you can strategize about how to fix it…that logic works for Iraq and for Missouri.

No…I’m not an isolationist.

I’m just a bitch living in the real world waiting to hear what I need to hear and see what I need to see.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you ABB.
I live in a state that is turning blue again after
sixteen years of republicans who have helped move industry out, destroy our public schools, ameliorate choice, leave incredible amounts of unemployed adults and uninsured children to fend for themselves.
Whew, my head . . .
And gun deaths are going through the roof 'cause in the middle of the night our red brothers passed an insane concealed weapons ordinance.
The domestic policies in this country from W are for shit--non-existent.
Keep raging!

SagaciousHillbilly said...

Dear AfroLady,
Did MO somehow move over here into Appalachia? Sounds like some of our numbers.
Interestingly enough, I am drawn toward Candidate Edwards for exactly the reasons you've stated. He is the only candidate I've seen making domestic issues the center point of his campaign.

Is that a young Ms. Davis?

Regards,
SagaciousHb

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Keep raging is right. I pay some of the highest taxes in the country and my kid has to haul around s 38 pound bookbag to cut down on guns and drugs in schools for an education that bites in a city with inadequate police protection, a crumbling highway system, urban sprawl, pollution, and out of control prices for everything. I'm a single mom and I work my ass off and have half what my parents had on half the money.

Maya's Granny said...

There is no doubt about it. You and I are sisters-in-belief.

There are so many things that need fixing it is almost more than one can list. And we need leaders who do list them, who plan how to fix them, who have the courage to act. And the guts to talk about it now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Angry B.

Shark-Fu said...

Mmmhmmm, that is indeed a young Angela Davis.

Jeffrey Ricker said...

"Only thinking about international shit"? Honey, you give them more credit than I do, as I often don't think they're thinking at all....

Anonymous said...

Amen to that

LiberalDemDave said...

Thanks ABB! Great post.

What I wanna know is why the "Global war on AIDS" can't be fought in the US, too? My hiv-infected self could use some of those $200/year cocktails that are being shipped globally but not available here.

Same drugs, different FUBAR.

Mo said...

Truth! We got a war on the streets, EDUCATION has FALLEN to the wayside. And our kids have lost hope, many becoming comfortable & lacking any belief in themselves. Thats disheartening. We need to get our shit together. I think its pretty hypocritical for Bush to be all up in their shit when our shit is a mess...and it aint gettin any better

tc said...

Bitch- you ain't lying. I'm out here in California and while I don't have the numbers to hand, I know that as an educator, just anecdotally, we are hard-up. Can't get nuffin' for teachin' kids. Course we can get $300 billion for a misbegotten war anytime Bushie prostrates himself toward Congress like the to' up crackhead he was in the '70s. Don't know the health-care numbers but I know it's fucked up here too. And of course old people and the poor can't get shit. Young people at school is acting crazier all the time....and who can blame them? When they see the lack of interest on behalf of they "leaders", who the fuck can blame them?

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...