Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Black and Missing - Updated

UPDATE - Nailah Franklin's family says that a body found this morning has been identified as Ms. Franklin. May God have mercy...

I’ve been meaning to mention Black and Missing to y’all. This is a website started by a sister who calls herself “just another concerned black female”.

Black and Missing is dedicated to all the missing black women in America. As you may know, the mainstream media falls far short in coverage of missing women of color cases.

A fluff of the Afro to Ms. Deidra for living her values and helping bring attention to missing black women!

Black and Missing is covering the case of Nailah Franklin and the launch of a web site dedicated to finding Nailah.

Please take a moment to visit Black and Missing and Bring Nailah Franklin Home.

Thank you.

8 comments:

Frogspond said...

I had a look at the site. A lot of the women missing are from my neck of the woods. I will keep an eye out and I am praying for them and their families.

J said...

I looked at the missing women site. This just about breaks my heart. Though I was happy to see the first post was for a woman FOUND.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on this sight.
I shall be sharing it . . . .

Melissa McEwan said...

She was found not far from where I live. I've been reading about it in the local media; absolutely heartbreaking. I keep seeing that picture of Nailah, with that sassy, beautiful grin, and I just weep and clench my fists.

Maya's Granny said...

It is so sad that she has been found dead. How her family and friends must be mourning.

Amanda Marcotte said...

Another woman dead after a man decided that he couldn't let her be free.

That women don't just give up and hate men is a miracle that men should be a bit more humbled by.

Shark-Fu said...

Her smile is haunting now.

I look at that beautiful vivid face and it just breaks my heart.

Nailah Franklin has been found but we can't stop searching for a cure for what killed her...for a way to prevent violence against women not just prosecute those who do it.

Mercy.

more cowbell said...

Heartbreaking, enraging. THank you for bringing the site to my attention. What a waste of a young life. As this site gets known, maybe it will affect other lives before it's too late...

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...