Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Update on a bitch's funktitude...

A bitch is feeling slightly better. My ass is still in a funk, but a night of chocolate ice cream and news avoidance helped a great deal.

Thanks to everyone for well wishes, cyber hugs and the promise of Smarties. A special thank you to a certain Live Journal fan for sending rays of sunshine all the way from California…oh my!

Anyhoo, a bitch is looking out my window at a rather dark day. What to do?

ABB’s Prescription to address Winter Funktitude…
Soothing music...
A bitch loves all types of music, but my ass recommends jazz to deal with extreme funktitude. Right now a bitch is listening to Miles Davis…yeah baby!

Soothing light…
A bitch has adjusted the light to soft. Not only does it provide a calming atmosphere but a bitch looks 10 years younger!

Comfort food…
This bitch has already made plans to acquire some serious soul food after work. We’re talking smothered, pickled and boiled with pork! Oh, and corn bread too.

Other people’s drama…
Tonight a bitch plans to watch Lifetime Television for Women. When a funktitude sets in it is helpful to watch other people spiral out of control…oh come on, y’all know you love some Lifetime.

Bra-less flannel-based laziness…
There is nothing like sitting around in an old college sweatshirt, no fucking bra and flannel while doing anything. Oh, and slippers to!

Ahhhh…

Okay, we’ll give this a try and see if it helps. If not, a bitch has been promised Smarties from two sources…and everyone knows that funktitude can not survive an assault from Canadian Smartie goodness!

Toodles!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bitch! Glad you are better. I concur with all your treatment modalities. Might I add that nothing cures the funk like P Funk, The whole Funk, nothing but the funk!

Sue

Maidy said...

It's like you ripped a page straight out of the Woman's Comfort Book. My cousin bought me this book years ago. I love it for those dang blasted funktitude times.

Enjoy the light, my friend!

Maven said...

Today must be a bra-less kinda day, ABB. I posted today about my funkitude and mental health day... and I went bra-less today... in public no less!!

PS: My comfort food today was a burger made of ground lamb, garlic, onion, fresh oregano and mint, and some crumbled up lambs milk blue cheese:) and several fistfulls of herbed olives:) DELISH!!!

Thanks maidink! I bookmarked that women's comfort book!

Anonymous said...

ABB, if I am the LJ fan that brough you rays of sunshine, um, well, I live in Louisiana. No doubt your are confused by the fact that I'm an old friend of Boadwee's, but I have returned to the ancestral manse. Well, the hometown, anyway. If I'm not the fan, forgive my presumptuousness.

Chuck

christine mtm said...

a bra-free day is what i need.

glad to hear the funk is a little bit funk-less

Anonymous said...

Yes ma'am!
A little All Blues and So What? and a nice episode of Strong Medicine (it's ok..) - that will do it. I hope the funk continues to lift so you can do that think you do...

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear of the funk. May I suggest the Reverend? Nothing helps heal my soul like listening to Al Green. So soothing and that voice.

Sending you happiness vibes.

SuperB

Kim said...

I cooked a crock pot of lima beans and a great big pone of cornbread for supper last night. With a side of smoked ham.

My brother in law was in need of comfort food, so I did the best I could do.

Smothered anything would have been good too. My grandmother used to fry beef steaks and pork chops and then smother them. I'm getting all drooly thinking about it. Mashed potatoes, homemade biscuits, mac and cheese. Excuse me while I go see what's in the frig for tomorrow!

Glad you're feeling better.

Shawn said...

Lifetime is the worst channel ever to be created...snoozeville...how can you watch those crappy movies?

obviously, i'm not there targeted demographic so I can't relate to most of the subject matter.

i indulge in comfort foods at least twice a week. Trader Joe's Marble Tea Cake is this week's treat.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...