Friday, January 06, 2006

Lou Rawls (1933-2006)...

A bitch was saddened to hear of the death of Lou Rawls.

This bitch was a fan…not one to crave his music but certainly one to enjoy it when it.

My ass most associates Lou Rawls with the United Negro College Fund, which he supported through his Parade of Stars Telethon. To my knowledge, Lou Rawls didn’t go to college. Yet he spent a lot of energy and time trying to make college a possibility for multitudes of students.

If an individual is able to do some good…to help a fellow human being…to inspire someone to reach beyond their perceived limits and to dream, learn and accomplish…then that individual has lived a blessed life and left a legacy.

May we all find as much inspiration in Lou Rawls’ charitable legacy as we do in his musical one.

6 comments:

Bougie Black Boy said...

Glad I came to your blog today. Didn't even KNOW this at all. dang... that's messed up... hmmmm

how you been? come visit my space sometime, again.

thatfarmgirl said...

Here Here on the charity...thanks for keeping it at the forefront. My ex husband and I used to listen to Lou. I especially liked that song with the lyrics "orange juice for one." Yeah, we were cheeseballs.

Maidy said...

I read the poor man had cancer of the lungs and brain. The Lord must of looked and said to him, "C'mon, Lou. You'll be better here at home".

Homer said...

Lou Rawls was a great man, he worked so hard to help others. Not many other celebrities like him.

christine mtm said...

God grant him peace and rest eternal and lots of chances to sing with the angels.

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Just like I was watching The Wiz, days before Richard Pryor passed away, I was just listening to "Let Me Be Good to You" on satellite radio, about a week ago. Sad how all that works. You get a blast from the past, and then they're gone. R.I.P. Lou.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...