Thursday, July 07, 2005

To my friends in London...

To my friends and readers in London, my soul is numb at the news this morning.

Once again, pictures of pain and terror and fear fill my television screen. Just 24 hours ago, I dreamed of 2012 with anticipation and excitement. Just 24 hours ago, I watched the joy of victory on the faces of so many London residents.

And now, there is terror. Again.

Know that I am shocked and horrified and disgusted by the violence that has been leveled upon you.

Know that I understand that my emotions don't mean a damned thing right now.

Now is not a time for anger or politics or rhetoric.

I will save the analysis for another day.

To my friends in London, I hope that you are safe and that those you hold dear are too. Beyond that, I have no words...

3 comments:

Admin said...

Just read that the death toll is up to 37 and over 700 injured. It must have been a huge explosion. If there is a bright side to this, maybe it will undermine British support and start the ball rolling towards pulling out of this neo con nightmare.

Shark-Fu said...

A bitch is feeling you bunnygull, but a pause felt required. Have no fear...a bitch is not standing down.

And you are right, we can not solve violence with violence.

A bitch simply wishes to validate the shock and horror of that violence and take a moment to acknowledge...and the struggle continues!

monkey said...

i think a pause is necessary and appropriate.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...