Tuesday, December 11, 2007

By request, all I want for Christmas…

A longtime member of the faithful flock of bitchitude sent a bitch an e-mail asking what I want for a holiday gift.

Blink…blink…and blink once again.

Aw, that’s really nice. For real!

This bitch is going to stick with my standard holiday wish for a day of quiet devoid of drama.

What?

Odds are that one of these years it’ll come true!

Anyhoo…

In addition to that, I encourage everyone out there to support local organizations that are working hard to make our community better.

Looking for organizations to support in St. Louis?

Fantabulous (wink)!

Here are two that are near and dear to my heart…

Places for People is accepting clothing, furniture and appliances. Oh, and cash too! This wonderful organization works year round to help people with serious mental illness live independently in the community. Visit their website for donation information and other ways to help!

The Haven of Grace is a transitional residential shelter for homeless, pregnant women, ages 16 to 24. A donation will help this program continue to be a place where young women commit to redefining their lives and ensuring a stable future for their children.

Where ever you live, take time to support those who support your community!

2 comments:

Harry834 said...

You and I have the same blog color layout.

Hope to see you venture into my land sometime. And fear not, I'm politically likeable.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I'd like to let those of you in the Northern California area know that Sacramento Children's Receiving Home (emergency placement, foster, group, and other children's services) is doing their Wishlist again this year. You can find them on the web on the "How You Can Help" page.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...