Monday, October 01, 2007

He’s still standing…

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

A certain Senator Larry narrow of mind yet wide of stance Craig is still standing…ummm, err…well, sitting in his Senate seat despite a self imposed deadline of September 30 to vindicate his ass or vacate his chair.

Oh my!

Something about this news made the music of Elton John pop into a bitch’s head.

I don't know why...and yes, I’m serious.

I can almost see Senator Larry Craig belting this shit out on the Senate floor…
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah

Lawd, have mercy…a bitch has got to switch to decaf (wince).

Don't expect him to widen his stance on LGBT equality issues...but it does look like the salmon may catch a break.

Blink.

Yeah, yeah, yeah…

4 comments:

professor/activist said...

Grrrl, sounds to me like it is time for a vodka-cran. Ready? Set? Pour!!

Anonymous said...

I hope dear Larry stays put.
I like the idea of him upsetting neocon senator's
stomachs every morning for the rest of his term.

Anonymous said...

love leota2's comment. wouldn't that just be great, if larry just stayed, shoewd up everyday refusing to leave. hahahaha.

Maidy said...

I wanted to write something pithy but leota2's comment had me laughing so hard, I forgot what I was gonna write.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...