Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summertime and the livin’s sweaty…

Ugh.

A bitch feels like I’m literally wilting.

I discovered that the QuikTrip has crushed ice and I almost cried!

Lawd, have mercy.

Anyhoo…

Longtime readers know of my interest in the Today Show. Millions of Americans watch it and this bitch keeps tabs on anything sorta-news based that's consumed by a large percent of the masses.

Today this bitch gets to offer a smidge of praise.

Mmmhmm, I know…shocking (wink)!

But the Today Show has earned it by adding a fourth hour to their multi-hour program…

and announcing that it will be hosted by Ann Curry, Natalie Morales and Hoda Kotb.

Three women of color in journalism getting an hour of the highest rated program on in the morning is worthy of acknowledgment.

And if they crank out some news this bitch may extend the holiest of bitch-based television honors…a season pass in my TiVo (gasp!)

We shall have to tune in and see what’s what.

Meanwhile, thank you Gawd for the blessing of crushed ice…

3 comments:

Rob Thurman said...

ABB - While you and I rarely disagree, I am not particularly happy about the expansion of the Today Show.

Not because Curry, Morales and Kotb are undeserved of air time.

No, no.

It's just that in the process of expanding the Today show, NBC has eliminated Passions (or rather, bumped it to DirectTV), where broke-as-hell cheap-asses, like myself, will not be able to enjoy it.

And while Passions broke new ground offering a delightful mix of interracial, intergenerational, intersexed, interspecies and intertwined storylines, I seriously doubt the extra hour of Today is going to be anything other than predictable programming.

Shark-Fu said...

Oh my! I had no idea that Passions was now pay-per-view.

C-Money loves that show.

Mayhap we could launch a petition to move Passions to replace something in primetime...how about America's Got Talent or Las Vegas?

Anonymous said...

I agree, "Three women of color in journalism getting an hour of the highest rated program on in the morning is worthy of acknowledgment." Is this a first?

And lawd knows you keep me laughing with stuff like this:
"And if they crank out some news this bitch may extend the holiest of bitch-based television honors…a season pass in my TiVo (gasp!)" LMAO!!!!

Thank you for brightening up what was a somewhat depressing day (hell a depressing week-and the week ain't even over yet)for me.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...