Thursday, July 06, 2006

7Up Cake-based distraction...

Yes, this bitch has not fallen off the anti-smoking wagon. Sadly, a bitch has had to cut down on the lozenges because they have an insomnia side effect. This bitch already suffers from insomnia and total lack of sleep can be dangerous.

Shit, my ass read somewhere that tired driving can be as dangerous as drunk driving!

Drama.

So, a bitch has been trying to distract myself from the cravings by dreaming about cake.

Mmmhmm…cake.

Specifically, 7Up cake.

Don’t ask me why…fuck it…a bitch adores a good soda pop based cake.

Since it’s been a while since this bitch has posted a recipe, here y’all go.

BTW – To the Vegetarians among us, note the lack of lard-based products. To the Vegans…well, ummm…sorry ‘bout that, but the cow and the chicken involved in the creation of the butter and eggs are free ranging it somewhere in out-state Missouri…promise!

7Up cake
1 ½ cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups flour
2 Tbls. Lemon extract
¾ cup 7Up
Powered sugar

Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour, lemon extract, and 7Up; mix well. Pour into greased angel food or bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done. Let cool and then sprinkle with powered sugar.

Friends in town feel free to drop by a bitch’s office tomorrow for a taste...of the cake (wink).

Yum!

18 comments:

Katy said...

Don't try replacing cigarettes with diet coke and lozenges (or gum). I started smoking again because I hadn't slept for a week, and I don't think 5 cigarettes a day are as bad for you as not sleeping. Have you seen the movie the Machinist? Shit happens when you're real tired.

Nancy said...

Damn, that cake looks good.

ChristopherM said...

You'll have to report whether this cake is still as good now that 7up is doing this all-natural bullshit. No high-fructose corn syrup? That's just wrong.

Shark-Fu said...

Katy...thanks for the advice. A bitch is currently lozenge free after 12noon. Hopefully sleep shall return soon...

Nancy...MMMmmmm fantabulous!

Christopher...No shit, a bitch wasn't able to find the old school 7Up. Motherfuckers have pulled it from the shelves! Sigh. But this bitch just inhaled a slice and it was the same...must be the processed sugar.

YUM!

Anonymous said...

Yum...I haven't had 7 up cake in ages, have you ever done pinapple upside down cake?

Homer said...

ABB- I'm gonna make me one of those cakes! I loved your corn casserole (and my blogger buddy Cheapblueguitar makes it all the time now).

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this. Im hauling my ass over to Williams Sonoma this morning to buy myself a bundt pan. Adventure!

Maidy said...

I'm so giving Geo this recipe. he's the baker inthe family. I can bake, but he can BAKE!

Tired driving is very dangerous. Yet, big trucking companies push their underpaid and overworked drivers to stay on the road forever. That's why no matter how late I am or how bitchy I may be, I always cut truckers a break on the road. If the person behind me doesn't like it, get the frick around me!

Uccellina said...

Powered sugar to the people!

Anonymous said...

Stay STRONG and you'll get by. My Mom did it cold turkey for my 14th birthday after a solid decade of two packs a day. Major reason I never took the darn things up was "ashtray" goodnight kisses as a child...

Cake sounds yummy. Keep us posted, and know we're proud of you!

Anonymous said...

That cake looks awesome. Plus it sounds very refreshing for a summertime dessert experience.

Please wish Bill a happy belated birthday. I had to be away from this haven of sanity for a few days, and the withdrawl was a motherfucker.

Speaking of, way to go with the smoke-free stretch!! I very much hope that the cravings reduce and you feel much more comfortable VERY soon.

SuperB

Anonymous said...

Question from a West Coaster: what's "out-state Missouri" mean?

Anonymous said...

Bitch,

I feel your pain. It's been (almost four days). Based on the fact that you're tormenting us with cake imagery, I imagine you have adopted much the same approach as I have: Grant yourself permission to eat whatever the hell you want for two weeks (or however long it takes you). For myself, I'll be eating poutine(keeping it real here in Quebec City), twice a day for the next ten days.

Yours in withdrawal,
Krista

SecondComingOfBast said...

Eventually your body will adjust to the point where you will be able to sleep better. Then it's the nightmares you'll have to contend with. I know, I went through that just trying to cut down and phase off gradually. Evidently I cut down too much too quick.

Shark-Fu said...

Huntington - out-state is a phrase that could very well be pure bitch, but I use it to refer to the majority of Missouri which is rural and...well, out there where the chickens roam cage free and fireworks are legal.

jess said...

Ooooo, a recipe! I LOVE to bake, so I will definitely give this a try. I even have a Calphalon bundt pan that hasn't been out of the box yet!
If you are a vegetable-atarian (I'm not, I just like meat way too much), you might like my Spinach Patties. I'll be posting the recipe on my blog tonight.

Jodie said...

Hypnotherapy can help the cravings. If you're ever in OKC, I'd do yours free (my real job's in head and neck oncology, so I'm always happy to see another new nonsmoker).

Kim S said...

You eat too much bitch.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...