Thursday, March 15, 2007

A nasty little revival....

It appears that eugenics is poised for a revival..

You knew it was only a matter of time…you knew it…before some false prophet stepped up and went there.

If there is a biological link to a person being lesbian or gay …pause…wait for it!...wait for it, damn you!…ah, then Gawd shall not suffer that queer to live!

That’s right, The Rev. R. Albert Mohler Jr. validates the biological link to gayness…but feels that it is still a sin…so he thinks folks should explore medical ways to “treat” the “problem” in the womb.

Pause.

It’s almost as if I’ve heard this shit before…in America…with religious justifications.

Mercy.

Someone please tell me this is when the sky parts and a bitch gets left behind.

Pause again.

Now if they could only find that elusive asshole gene…

12 comments:

Rick Andreoli said...

How long do you think it will be before they say, "Okay, we've figured out the gay gene. But we can't repair it in the womb. So now we'll legalize abortion for women who have been abused or parents who don't want a queer kid."

Amazing what one can accomplish in the name of God.

Anonymous said...

Eugenics is absolutely making a comeback. The 300 is full of it.

Reminds me of Buck v. Bell and Justice Holmes' opinion.

Love your blog BTW

Maven said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who can see the eugenics writing on the wall with this one...

Maven said...

PS: Speaking of assholes, check out my post today... got a great book recommendation there:)

Jeffrey Ricker said...

Just think, if they could isolate the stupidity gene, Rev. Mohler wouldn't be around to spout this diarrhea of the mouth. And we'd probably have a different president, too. ::Sigh:: Such a lovely dream, that.

AOB said...

jeff...if they isolated the stupid gene we would not have congress or the senate...

thats my lovely dream....

Maya's Granny said...

And if they isolated the asshole gene, we could round up all the carriers and vote them off the continent. How would it be -- life without assholes! No, I mustn't have such fantasies -- eugenics is eugenics, no matter what you try to get rid of.

But, soooo tempting.

christine mtm said...

i wouldn't mind being left behind with you.

(still waiting for my girl scout cookies... maybe sunday... mmm...)

Clio Bluestocking said...

Now why would a gay gene require fixing? The asshole gene, on the other hand...

GayProf said...

How could I possibly take offense at the idea that I am genetic error? Or that I should have been chemically re-scrambled before birth? Nice. And people say that fanatical Christians lack compassion.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I wouldn't have me any other way...would he? Don't get me started.

Jay said...

Instead of fixing the "gay" gene, maybe we should fix the "religious" one. It seems to create WAY more problems.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...