Wednesday, February 21, 2007

City drama and a verdict preparation...

C-Money and this bitch joined my beloved co-workers for a night of theatre last night. We went to the Fabulous Fox Theatre and caught Doubt...which was supposed to feature Cherry Jones, but she was out ill (damn it all!!). Anyhoo, Doubt was a fantabulous drama and, having not seen Ms. Jones in her award winning performance of the role, I thought the understudy acted her ass off.

It was such an enjoyable evening that this bitch may make weekday theatre attendance my new affectation.

After the performance we headed for Popeye's to score some red beans and rice...and spicy chicken...and strawberry soda pop to consume whilst discussing the show.

What?

It was Tuesday, for the love of Mardi Gras!

So, we were heading down Grand and encountered a closed down street at Gravois due to some accident that occurred right in front of the Fire House (mercy)...which caused a bitch to take a detour and head down a side street (we were committed to those red beans and rice...committed!) only to come across some sort of armed stand off off of Spring.

Mmmhmm, we were just trying to get our feast to go and someone had to get their hostage situation on down the street from the Popeye's! Channel 5 was there trying to do a live shot...and they may have caught some video of bitch making an illegal u-turn on Gravois to get into the Popeye's, which thankfully was still open for business (wink).

Ah, the tranquil joy of South City on a Tuesday!

Moving forward...

Now that the Libby CIA Leak Trial has gone to the jury, a bitch is preparing for the verdict. I can already see how it will go down!

A bitch and verdict preparedness...
The Breaking News snackage...
Pop corn...lots of pop corn. A bitch anticipates this verdict breaking...and then breaking...and then continuing to break, so my ass has to have a snack that is munchable while either clicking through channels of surfing sites.

The Cycle of Shock cocktail...
Whatever the verdict, there will be tons of drama-based shock. This bitch has stocked up on vodka and cran with the understanding the cycle of shock portion will take place during the cocktail hour. If not...well, one can never have too much vodka (wink).

The Quest for Meaning...
This should take this bitch through dinner and dessert...big time. Hell, if Libby gets off a bitch may be able to stretch this shit into March!

Pause.

Dinner shall be something smothered and something potato-based.

Yum!

Bring forth the verdict...

3 comments:

Camera Obscura said...

Ooooh, Popeye's sounds good... Alas, we don't have any out here in white-bread red-state West County. What I wanna know is how 'come they got one in St. Charles? Right there at Zumbehl & 70. I woulda thought that'd be way outside their demographic, too.

They have one up in Ferguson by our church, but I went in there once and came back out w/o ordering. That's not the most sanitation-conscious chain on the planet...

Joe said...

Ooh, I'm sorry to hear that you missed out on the fabulousness of Cherry Jones herself! I'm always sick with fear that I'm going to get stuck with an understudy when I grudgingly shell out my dollars for tickets at today's prices!

Speaking of which, I think I'd add theater to my schedule more regularly too if one ticket didn't cost about a month's worth of vodka-crans! Then again, sometimes one needs liver-friendly entertainment options.

Maya's Granny said...

I have never been to a Popeye's, but if they have red beans and rice, I now want to go. One day when I am outside (which is what Alaskans call the rest of the world, places you can drive between and such) I will have to check it out.

The Libby verdict is going to be a field day for drama. If it isn't cocktail hour at home, go by some other time zone. Gotta have those vodka and crans!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...