Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Quizzicals...

A bitch is dealing with the season changing blahs, which is weird because fall is my favorite season. Fuck it!

2 cups coffee, 1 slice yummy apple pie (my sister loves me), 1 Claritin, 2 Dayquil gel caps and cigs…

A bitch has decided to write a book. My ass has several topics swimming around in my head…life, race, class, equality, bitchitude and the emergence of Sweden as the new "it" country. This bitch is going to indulge in some free-writing tonight and see what develops.

Anyhoo, since this bitch hasn’t any idea how a book gets published my ass is going to be doing a lot of research. Oh, and then there is the matter of actually writing the fucking thing. Oh well a bitch’s book is in the works!

Moving forward…

Quizzicals…

Our neighbor to the north...
My ass googled Canadian news and found out that there is a heated teachers strike in British Columbia. Who the fuck knew? My ass spends hours contemplating the state of American society as if it is the only game in town. Too often, a bitch looks at other countries and just assumes that they are either fucked up beyond repair or perfect. In reality, everyone has something to bitch about. Somewhere in British Columbia there is an angry teacher bitch and an angry why the fuck can’t my child go to school because he or she is working my motherfucking nerves parent bitch.

Somehow it is comforting to know that Canada has these problems too. There's more to Canada than yummy Smarties and universal health care! A bitch is glad to know that y'all aren't too happy up there while we Americans wallow in misery. Good luck on that strike thang, B.C.! Oh, and send more Smarties!

On police beat downs…
By now everyone has seen the video of a New Orleans resident getting the shit beat out of him by New Orleans police officers and a couple of FBI agents. A bitch was disturbed but not shocked to learn that the officers were white and the victim was black. Nor was my ass shocked to hear many in the media discuss the possible defense of the officers and debate whether such a beating may be justified.

This bitch feels towards this latest police beating what my ass felt towards the Rodney King beating. If this man was such a threat why not shoot him? If police academies are teaching officers to beat until submission, is that the right course of action? At what point does an arrest become an assault? A bitch believes that this type of aggressive physical action is wrong. The facts of the case will always be disputed, but no one should be beaten to that extent in an effort to make an arrest. No one should be continually assaulted while their hands are cuffed behind their back and they are on the ground. At that point any bitch would resist as human survival kicks in.

We shall see, but haven’t we seen enough?

Toodles...

8 comments:

BarefootCajun said...

"If police academies are teaching officers to beat until submission, is that the right course of action?"

Academies are not teaching officers to beat until submission, at least not the one I went to. I was taught to use the least amount of force possible to get a situation under control.

NOPD has a horrible rep for using excessive force as well as for being criminals. Chief Compass had been making huge headway before the storm and it saddened me when he resigned a couple of weeks ago. Who will lead them now?

A few years ago, while I was an investigator, I attended a seminar in New Orleans and several members of their vice squad were in the class. One of them said that while he'd worked as a homicide investigator, their biggest problem was watching the uniformed officers on homicide scenes so they didn't steal all the electronics equipment and such from the residence while the scene was being processed. At the time NOPD was self-insured and had their own retirement system and both systems were bankrupt. Those guys were working for nothing and getting no benefits. That can never excuse any criminal behavior but I believe in law enforcement, you get what you pay for.

I could get all psychological on you and tell you about the different personality types attracted to jobs in law enforcement and how some just use the job to rid themselves of their pent up anger but I won't take up that much space. :-)

Bottom line is these guys need to be prosecuted for this. That man says he wasn't drunk and we may never know if that was true or not but it doesn't matter. What I saw on that tape was not a man out of control. I saw a man being beaten and then a journalist being roughed up for watching the action. If you're so intimidated by someone standing across the street watching your arrest, then me thinks you have something to feel guilty about.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Bitch (*said with the UTmost R-E-S-P-E-C-T because I LOVE Angry Black Bitch):

I don't know if this will help, but here goes.

There are two routes: Self-publication and through an agent.

Self-publication is the easiest, but requires an author investment, and the books are usually "print-on-demand". I went this route with the only book I currently have on the market, Second Chances. I do not recommend it.

The preferred method is through an agency. This link provides a database of literary agents, and I have been using it in an attempt to secure an agent's services for my current projects.

I would love to see your ideas in a book, political, satirical, both, or otherwise.

Good luck.

Crystal-Lynn said...

Bitch-Fu,

Three things:

- I'm glad you enjoyed the pie tribute. I do love you. When you get the sniffles I feel compelled to bake.

- I might have a hook up downtown who can score us some Smarties. Nestle bought Ralston-Purina a while back, so there might be a network of Smarties-eating animal lovers roaming the streets of St. Louis.

- I'm your official pimp, remember? All you have to do is write the damn book and give it to me on disk. I'll get it into manuscript format and find you an agent in a jiffy once I have something to sell. As part of the sell-out, bougie establishment, I have deep connections to The Man. Just let a sistah-Bitch know if you have a preferred imprint, if you want boutique/independent or major national distribution, and if you want a NY shark agent or someone local to hold your hand at Uncle Bill's.

PissedOffPencil said...

If you're going to write a book, I'm sure as hell going to try and get someone (better than me) to translate it into Swedish. :) I'm so glad I found your blog, since it gives me an insight in a USA that I didn't know about.

No country is perfect. We all have our problems. Swedes have become a spoiled and whining kind of citizens. Most of them seem to have misplaced their brains too, since they are going to vote rightwing...

Dixie said...

I knew my Barefooted one could give some great insight as she was a law inforcement officer down in that neck of the woods.

Why didn't you say you wanted some Smarties? We got Smarties falling out all over us over here in Germany. Say the word and I'll have you swimming in Smarties.

brother said...

You say the word and I'll be shipping a supply of Smarties south of the border!

It's the least I could do to honour a bitch.

Anonymous said...

A Bitch wants to write a book...Well I think that's kick ass.....There is a huge market out there for a Bitch's opinion....I'll be waiting for the read...

christine mtm said...

i would buy the book too... write it then find an agent. and by the way, i'm on page 136 of mine.

it's very theraputic.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...