Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wishing Robin Roberts a speedy recovery…

Good Morning America co-anchor Robin Roberts announced that she has breast cancer.

Unlike the Associated Press, this bitch doesn't think it is relevant which breast they found cancer in.

Jesus!

I don’t know what bothers me more…that the reporter asked which breast it was or that the network not answering that question made it into the report.

Ugh.

Anyhoo, Ms. Roberts will have surgery Friday.

Hats off to her for using the opportunity to highlight the benefits of early detection and self examination, which is a message that women of color particularly need to take to heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is astounding. You know you don't think of these things happening to people who are former athletes and such. Life is crazy. I wish her the best.

Christine said...

I also think it's pathetic to talk about "which breast", but not to even mention the "women of color" angle, and the fact that many more African American women get the more aggressive and deadly forms of breast cancer. This is (or at least WAS) a supremely teachable moment. I hope that Roberts herself will be be well, and can spotlight this inequity in a way that makes people take notice.

Anonymous said...

Robin Roberts is the best thing that ever happened to that show. I wish her much joy in the future.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...