Thursday, July 05, 2007

To my brother on his birthday...


You'll never read this...or maybe you will.

I've long suspected that there are secret talents housed in your puzzle of an autistic mind.

You'll never know how much you have changed my life...how my love for you is beyond measure...how far I'd go to protect you or how often I feel I don't go far enough.

Or maybe you will...maybe you do...maybe you've got all the answers and always have.

Shit, wouldn't that be a wild surprise?

Oh, to have 24 hours of traditional communication with you...to hear you tell me how you really like your Afro cut, what your thoughts are on global warming or if you prefer cats to dawgs.

Blink.

But this autism thing is our normal, isn't it?

So I set aside wishful wonderings and find comfort in the fact that you've never been shy about your opinions even if your method of communication is unique...and high pitched (wince).

I promise to always hug you hard and let you smell my freshly shampooed hair anytime you want to...just don't yank my head when I'm driving.

I will always fret over the intensity of your frustrated anger even though I know that more often than not I get to bask in the glory of your smile...the joy of your happiness.

You...fantastically perfect imperfection.

And who the hell isn't?

Bill...my beautiful blessing.

My beloved older brother.

Happiest birthday wishes, love.

And the first round of yummified sometime food goodness is on me...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful...

JamieB. said...

Ms. Bitch,

I am reminded once again why I adore you so much. God bless that brother of yours and you too.

Take care,

James B. your fan in L.A.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful birthday wish...here's to a year filled with love and light, giggles and yumminess, sisterlove and sweet sweetness...cherish your brother, bitch...i'd do anything to get mine back...

Anonymous said...

Bill is very lucky in his unluckiness. Bless you both.

GayProf said...

Happy Birthday to your brother!

Anonymous said...

So lovely. With tears in my eyes I wish a very happy birthday to Bill, and many more. :):):)

Anonymous said...

Lovely . . .

Jeffrey Ricker said...

That was lovely, hon. And what a lucky man your brother is to have two wonderful sisters like you and C-Money.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Happy birthday to Bill and all those perfectly imperfect wonderful people in our lives.

Anonymous said...

i wish i had a sister like you :)
peace and blessings for you and your brother.

Undercover Black Man said...

So beautifully written... so beautiful felt. Warm wishes to you and your family.

Blue Girl, Red State said...

What a moving post. Thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

I wish I can write like you. Happy Birthday to your brother!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...