Monday, April 23, 2007

Remembering Rep. Millender-McDonald…

Congresswoman Juanita Millender-McDonald died Saturday from cancer. She was a 7 term congresswoman from Southern California.

In a time when so many of our elected to government appear unwilling to challenge or question…or unprepared to speak on behalf of the people’s interest…I recall Rep. Millender-McDonald advocating on behalf of her district in 1996 in response to allegations that the CIA introduced crack cocaine to South Central.

I heard of her passing and my mind immediately jumped to one of my favorite quotes… “fear not the path of truth, for the lack of people walking on it”.

Congresswoman Millender-McDonald was 68 years old.

3 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

and may each of us make a mark in the world as honorable as the one she made.

Ken Houghton said...

May Gary Webb's book Dark Alliance be taught in schools as a cautionary tale.

Anonymous said...

Why hasn't this been covered more? I live in Cal. and all I saw was a blurb on the crawl of the local news, nothing on the major news stations?

Is there a "coverage gap" for women like the wage gap?

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...