Monday, September 18, 2006

Dawg drama...

Tuesday Morning Update on that sick ass sorta-beagle...

Miss Betsey the sorta-beagle is feeling much better. She thinks that this bitch wants to kill her, though...because I have the task of giving that reluctant hound her meds twice a day.

Lawd, you'd think that dawg could show some love...as much money as those pills cost my broke ass.

Sigh.

Anyhoo, she looks to be on the mend.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Bitchitude shall return this afternoon...

Toodles for now!

This bitch spent the evening with a rather ill dawg. Betsey the sorta-beagle is ill in the traditional manner of dawgs…poo and puke in abundance.

A bitch didn’t catch a wink of sleep!

Drama.

Anyhoo, the lab results just came back on the “sample” this bitch dropped off at the vet this morning.

Mercy!

A bitch doesn’t know what’s more fucked up….driving dawg shit to the vet on your way to work…having a 15 minute conversation about dawg shit with the vet tech…or waiting anxiously for news of your dawg’s shit.

Ugh.

Betsey the sorta-beagle has a bacterial something or other. The vet said she’ll be fine, but a bitch needs to take her in for hydration and so forth.

Sigh.

Bitchitude is on hold whilst I nurse the sorta-beagle…

8 comments:

Maven said...

Get well soon, Betsey!!

Kit B. said...

Aww, sistah! If Betsey needs a pet transporter, you let this Kitty know! I hearts me some dogs!

And I promise...I'd not stop and get drinks on the way.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for Betsey. It's harder when it's your pet sick as they don't really understand the whole notion of not finding a way to repel the pill you are trying to shove down them...

Littlemilk said...

I hope your pooch and you fair well through this spat of dog stomach flu.

Anyway, I mentioned you in another conversation on jstheater.blogspot.com. My friend J posted a couple of links concerning the "all white" meeting of bloggers in Harlem at President Clinton's office. It was actually an hour lunch. Check out J's September 15 post and comments.

Interesting perspectives on NYC and NYC politics.

Ciao bella,

my coffee is always said...

okay. i have to stop reading this... i am laughing a little too hard at work. can i add you to my blog?

my coffee is always said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Might I recommend wrapping the pills in a glob of cream cheese? My dogs are not happy pill takers, but they would walk through fire for cream cheese. Peanut butter doesn't work because the dogs will lick the peanut butter and then spit the pill out, but cream cheese? Mmm... good eatin'.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear she's better. I had a sortabeagle myself growing up and she was the Best Dog Ever. Lived 19 years, too.

I mostly lurk and watch the bitchitude, but am often cheering you on from up here by Indianapolis.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...