Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Pride!


A bitch’s wicked head cold wrapped up just in time for Pride weekend in St. Louis!

Thanks the gods.

I’m fixin' to head over to the park and celebrate with the masses…and eat funnel cake…and get my socialization on with friends and fellow activists…oh, and then eat more funnel cake.

Sigh.

For some folks Pridefest is a fun outdoor party or the source of one of the city’s more popular parades, but for many who attend it is a rare opportunity to be out in an accepting atmosphere…to be who they are and to see that they are not alone.

‘Tis important to remember that Pride is a party and so much more...and that funnel cake is a sometimes food (wink).

Happy Pride, y’all…

…and don’t forget the sunscreen!

3 comments:

trishSWFL said...

Too bad the Pridefest wasn't last weekend--I was in St Louis visiting family and friends...would hve loved to attend!

Glad you're feeling better!

Matt from Rolla said...

Aw, I wish I had checked your blog Saturday morning. I stayed away from Pride because my few encounters with the STL gay community have been pretty negative and, frankly, exclusionary. Your endorsement convinces me I must've been looking in the wrong places. :-)

Shark-Fu said...

Oh, there are plenty of trifling fools about too...but the presence of this bitch usually balances them out (wink).

And it was beyond hot...I'm still trying to rehydrate!!

But I had fun even as I sweat it out!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...