Friday, April 24, 2009

By request, some thoughts on Susan Boyle…

A certain Lupe asked this bitch to share my thoughts on the Scottish singing sensation Susan Boyle.

The first thought that jumped up into Shark-Fu’s afro…
If I have to hear that song one more time a bitch is going to dream the dream of getting some merciless correction on with the mainstream press!

The next thought that replaced that thought up in Shark-Fu’s afro…
Ain’t it a damn shame that people are so conditioned to think traditional definitions of beauty go hand-in-hand with talent that they are actually fucking disturbed by a person who proves that narrow minded shit wrong.

Pause…consider…continue.

Which doesn’t make any fucking sense, does it? No amount of hair color or lip-gloss can hide a lack of talent. Haven’t we learned anything from our extended exposure to Ann Coulter?

And finally - The pondering currently lingering in Shark-Fu’s afro…
Now comes news that Susan Boyle is being re-made.

Behold, the entertainment industry as Borg!

I hope someone tells Ms. Boyle that resistance is futile.

Blink.

7 comments:

macon d said...

Being re-made with "stylish black leather," no less!

Someone better stop her climb up the beauty ladder. She just can't get far enough get up there for people to love her because she's beautiful and talented, rather than because she's chunky and dowdy and yet, amazingly enough! talented.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is sad, they are giving her a remake to go with her amazing talent and she doesn't need one. Natural is beauty, if they can see it that way, they could just leave her alone.

Abstentus said...

If I did not purposely let the Latina hair cutter trim my curls way back last weekend, I would say that Susan Boyle Mania made my Fro go into die back. But anyway, I don't get this. At all. Last year that show had the ass-ugly postman who sang that opera aria quite well, so I was not suprised the found an ass ugly lady this season.

And I confess. I worked for a Major Media concern in the past. So I am very cynical where pre packaged content is concerned.

And I might be pretty (even if I am not the most pretty in my family), but I grew up in a working class hood. I have always known ugly assed people, some who can sing, all my damn life.

Ain't no new shit there, I am seeing.

~~ said...

Ha Ha! Yeah we can really beat something to death in the media I'm tired of looking at her!

http://www.kimdom-come.blogspot.com/

Willy said...

Did the Borg try to pretty up Jim Nabors? Clay Aiken? IIRC, no. So tha Borg got that sexism thang going on too.

'Drea said...

I'm with you. Despite the cinderellaness of it all, if I hear that song one more time...

Emily Moore said...

"No amount of hair color or lip-gloss can hide a lack of talent. Haven’t we learned anything from our extended exposure to Ann Coulter?"

LMAO! You nailed it!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...