Tuesday, October 17, 2006

For Liz…A bitch’s Meatloaf recipe (sort of)…

A certain Liz requested a bitch’s meatloaf recipe.

Note - this has also been posted at Turdmania.

I should warn you that I'm from the old school of cooking, which means that this bitch hasn’t written this recipe down and doesn’t measure a damned thing before tossing shit into a bowl and getting my mix on (wink).

However, I’m pretty sure this is what I did yesterday.

A bitch’s Meatloaf Recipe (sort of)…
1 pound ground beef (lean)
Bread crumbs – from 1/2 a cup to 1 cup…depends, but a bitch likes more rather than less crumbs in my mix.
1 egg
1/4 cup milk (a bitch uses 1% organic milk, because my ass ADORES it)
1 cup Chunky salsa…trust a bitch (mild, medium or hot depends on you)
A smidge of onion salt (unsure of a smidge…go with a pinch)
A smidge of garlic salt

Mix with hands (roll up your sleeves, dive the hell in and work out some stress!!). Pause and review...add more bread crumbs if it looks overly liquidish. Mixture should be moldable not pourable.

Toss into pan and mold to fit…umm, well your notion of a loaf. Put into oven pre-heated to 375 and bake for 1 hour.

Top with more salsa and serve with mashed ‘taters.

Trust a bitch…this meatloaf is a party in your mouth!

11 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

If you line the bottom of the pan with a piece of stale bread, any excess fat will be soaked into that and you have something to feed to the dog on a cold winter's day.

I love the idea of salsa in the mix! Gotta do this.

Hammer said...

ABB- Even your recipes are funny: "Pause and review" literally almost made me pee in my pants! haha. Why don't all recipe writers use that line. It's perfect!

Thanks!

HammerChe

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... sounds great. Can't wait! Thanks!
--a certain Liz

Maven said...

DELISH!!!

Jesse said...

have you tried a recipe using a lot of oatmeal and/or a little cornmeal instead of bread crumbs? i make meatloaf w/ oatmeal. :-)

Anonymous said...

ABB, meatloaf is a fav in our kitchen. My daughter will want to kiss you.

peace
storm indigo

Anonymous said...

That sounds really good. I don't eat much meat but when I do I like it to be very tasty, go well with mashed or baked potatoes and have lots of leftovers including--enough for sandwiches with slices of raw onion. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

ABB,
I made this recipe and it is too wonderful! I did use ground turkey - you know, a girl's just got to go her own way - and made the suggested mashed potatoes and my mouth was in heaven! And best of all, leftovers for lunch.

Thank you. I suggest you make some your own self in order to avoid scary Scooter B dreams.

Anonymous said...

Hi ABB!
I was surfing to find a good meatloaf recipe as I toss the shit together myself as well and whatever comes out is what you get! I was shocked to run into your recipe and the content but it's cool as hell! Bought stuff for meatloaf this afternoon and have the other things you included in the fridge! Going to hook it up this evening! Will give a review later!
Glad Liz asked you for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Is a smidge more or less than a pinch?

Shark-Fu said...

In my vocab a smidge is slightly more than a pinch...but that could just be me!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...