Sunday, February 12, 2012

In a place where there is no space or time…

I came of age with Whitney Houston’s music.

I built dreams with her voice echoing through my mind.

I found the strength to cope with many a tragedy as the sheer power of her talent damn near held me up.

I fell in love…made love…fell out of love…and then did it all over again and her music was there.

Always there…

...until it wasn’t.

I woke up this morning saddened by her death and with her version of A Song for You playing through my mind.

Now I’m just going to listen to the melody because her love is in there…

...hiding...

...in a place where there is no space or time.

And now that her life is over…I’m remembering when it was almost like we were in a room together and it was like she was singing a song just for me.

There was just her voice.

My eyes were closed tight.

And the final note lifted..it soared, like air…

So beautiful I just had to shake my head in wonder at it.

So haunting…

…that I weep for the end of it.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

she was the first artist to ever move me, give me goosebumps. my heart is broken.

Mark said...

I must admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of Ms. Houston. But her music defined my childhood and I'll miss her. Why do so many women in music lead such troubled lives? Sigh.

tinfoil hattie said...

Beautiful eulogy for a beautiful soul. Thank you.

TonyC said...

Well said. She was the soundtrack for my coming of age.....

Deepak Sharma said...

really very well said...keep i up....

Anonymous said...

Whitney's voice inspires me like none other, and will continue to do so for many years to come.

-davey-

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...