Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A birthday post…


Shark-Fu & C-Money & Spider-Man a fabillion years ago

Today is my birthday…hooray!

I’m 39 years old, so I now I have a year to prepare my Soul Food Extravaganza 40th Birthday Realness Ball.

Lawd, the pressure!

Anyhoo…

This birthday is going to rock!

I’m going to a protest at Senator Blunt’s office in Clayton…because he needs to know that his amendment allowing any employer to refuse to cover any health related thing through insurance simply by stating a moral objection was wrong when he filed it, is wrong today, and will never be right.

If you live in or near St. Louis you should join me!

And then, I get to watch the Blues take on the Bruins…from my couch-based area while eating apple pie, but still.

And then…


… C-Money and a bitch are headed to New York, NY!

***hit play***

We’re going to see The Agony and The Ecstasy of Steve Jobs…and eat yummy food…and drink a cocktail or two or three…and eat some more.

Fantabulous.

Toodles!

16 comments:

Vicki said...

A very happy Birthday to you!!

Denise said...

Happy birthday! You share this day with my daughter...who knew? :-) And I say this with a wry grin knowing my 40th is in a few month...DO enjoy your last year in your 30s. <3

Garpu said...

Happy birthday!

Bruins fan, here. I'm kind of nervous--they haven't played too well. If they lose, I'd rather it be a *good* loss, you know?

vicster said...

Happy Birthday!

Though I've been a Bruins fan roughly as long as you've been alive, I will nod in quiet approval, should your beloved Blues prevail tonight. And, given how awful the Bruins been in the month of February, they may very well give you a birthday present. :-)

I.M. said...

Happy birthday and a shake of the locs to boot. I've seen Mike Daisey perform a few times in DC and he is always a hoot, even if he doesn't always do a "fair and balanced" job. I also absolutely adore the Public Theater. They do fantabulous work. Hope you have a good time.

Clarissa said...

I don't comment a lot but I read your blog faithfully and I love it.

Happy Birthday!!!!

@lantis said...

Happy b'day. I'm a frequent reader as well. You are great.

Anonymous said...

And to celebrate I made a donation in your honor to Food Outreach. You should be notified via snail mail.

Happy Birthday, Shark-Fu

Shark-Fu said...

Thank you all so much!

And thank you for the Food Outreach donation - yay!

Ryan Hauck said...

Happy Birthday! And that picture with Spider-Man is so adorable it almost hurts.

charmngbilly said...

happy b'day!! we're gonna get buzzed off violet-scented vodka martinis in honor of your day.

Don kkk said...

Stupid Niggers

Shark-Fu said...

Ah, Don...

If you've got confidence problems I feel sorry for you son...

...but I've got 99 problems and being black ain't one.

Toodles, asshole!

Liz said...

Happy birthday!!! Superheros rule!

Cereal said...

Many more!
And some vodka crans too.

Mark said...

Pam!! Shark-Fu!! Happy birthday. I finally found soul-food related goodness in this uber-white health-conscious city (Madison, WI). It must have been a sign from above... a sign from you. LOL. I hope you are able to get some for yourself and hopefully the journey to it will be easier than mine was.. I'm glad you had a fab time in NYC. I hope to go there someday.

I thought you'd appreciate this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilV5K8tw_6o

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...