Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday preparedness…

Lawd, a bitch has been so tired that I couldn’t seem to finish a damn thing!

I think the year is catching up to me…and add to that my annual case of the holiday blahs…oh, and the fucked up weather from hell…and suffice it to say this bitch has not been productive this week.

Shit.

But I woke up this morning with a holiday skip to my step and Elvis Costello, by way of Nick Lowe, playing in my Afro.

As I walk through
This wicked world
Searchin’ for light in the darkness of insanity.

I ask myself
Is all hope lost?
Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?

And each time I feel like this inside,
There’s one thing I wanna know:
What’s so funny ‘bout peace love & understanding?

ABB’s holiday preparedness list of needed things…

1. Food-based yummification
Morning feasting…
Bacon…’nuff said.
Potato to fry with onion
Eggs to scramble with cheese
Coffee…to wash down the yummification!

Mid morning sometime-food indulgence…
Apple pie…warm
Ice cream…cold and artificially flavored with vanilla
Bowl it comes in?
Guaranteed to be empty in a matter of seconds!

The Feast…
Asparagus drenched in butter
Creamed spinach…because C-Money digs that shit
Garlic mashed taters with butter goodness
Prime rib roast… Fall on your knees! O, hear the angels' voices!
More pie and ice cream unless I pass the fuck out after dinner…

And as I walked on
Through troubled times
My spirit gets so downhearted sometimes
So where are the strong?
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony.

Cause each time I feel it slippin’ away, just makes me wanna cry.
What’s so funny bout peace love & understanding?
Ohhhh!
What’s so funny bout peace love & understanding?


2. Libations…
Wine
Whiskey
Vodka followed by grape cran
Sun Drop soda pop…because C-Money digs the hell out of that shit
Water…to hydrate

3. For the dawgs…
Bones...biscuits...and affection?

Check!

So where are the strong?
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony.

4. Amusements in the cue…

C-Money and this bitch are currently on Season Three of Battlestar Galactica...and daaaaaaamn!

I don’t know how people managed to wait a week between episodes for them to resolve some of the shit that comes up on that show!

Hopefully the DVD gods will smile upon the House of Bitchitude and send forth new discs...stat.

Sigh.

Cause each time I feel it slippin away, just makes me wanna cry.
What’s so funny bout peace love & understanding?
Ohhhh
What’s so funny bout peace love & understanding?

Blink.

This bitch wishes the happiest of happy and multitudes of joy for all 'yall!

***logs off to continue getting my groove on***

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a warm and safe holiday!

dinthebeast said...

I LOVE that song. Have you heard the song EC did with Jenny Lewis on her new album? It (the song) is called "Carpetbaggers" and there's a youtube of it if you are curious.

-Doug in Oakland

PortlyDyke said...

Have a wonderful holiday, ABB -- I love your line up all the way around.

PD

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO U/C/DOGGIES!
Enjoy the laughter, the tv, the peace/quiet of being home!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays, Shark-Fu. Sounds like you have begun your fe(a)st in grand super organized style. Don't let the frost form on da fro! Rock on!

Unknown said...

Enjoy the day with family and friends Shark Fu ;)

Anonymous said...

Same to you, ABB.
I'd love to make an end of year donation to you or to a cause that you support.

Laura in L.A. said...

Shark-fu, you KNOW I always love to hear what you're eating! Sounds inspiring and divine, as always! Prime-rib roast, wow!

Love to you and C-money and the dawgs, and wishing a happy, healthy 2009 to you all!

Love, Laura

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays. I hope the sorta-Beagles are havin fun :)

Shark-Fu said...

Thanks Breathless!

I do not accept donations but ask that folks support a woman's shelter in their local area, no-kill animal shelters or make a donation to a mentoring organization.

My volunteer work is made possible by the generous support of regular folks who keep many a door open.

If you're looking for organizations to support in St. Louis, I recommend Haven of Grace, Lydia's House or Stray Rescue of St. Louis!

Blessed be...

Abstentus said...

Love your use of the BSG theme, there. I get my groove on (badly as I am still learning how to play six string) with my cheap Squire Tele, I call her Athena, or my even cheaper Squire Strat, and I call her Aurora.

I consider that I should make a joke about the Algae Planet, but I am still torn up about Katrain going down for the count, there. So instead of a joke,I say let us not forget the brothers and sisters who did no make it this far.

So say we all.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...