Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Don't bother, they're here...

Cough.

Shall we?

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air.
Send in the clowns.

Blago got his audacity on yesterday when he appointed a certain Roland Burris to represent Illinois in the Senate.

Blink.

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move.
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Sure of my lines,
No one is there.

The political pundits are in frenzy over this shit and the implications of seating or not seating Burris.

Oh, and just in case a body missed the racial angle (as if!!), Rep. Bobby Rush flipped his flop and took it there at the press conference…big time!

Don't you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don't bother, they're here.

So, here we are. Illinois lawmakers get to decide on impeachment…the legal community gets to debate whether this appointment can be blocked...the Senate gets to kick off 2009 with multiple shit-storms swirling about…and Blago gets his last laugh/major fuck you moment in the sun.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer?

In many ways, 2008 was a year through which we wrestled with racial issues long neglected…and may saw Obama’s election as the end of our long national nightmare.

Losing my timing this late
In my career?

But we are so not post-racial, people.

And where are the clowns?

This move, though self-serving beyond belief, is a fine example of that.

And I can’t help but see this as the political move equivalent of a defeated general tossing plague ridden corpses over castle walls after a failed siege while yelling “Happy Fucking New Year, bitches!”

There ought to be clowns…

And some of y’all were worried that a bitch wouldn’t have anything to bitch about (wink).

...well, maybe next year.

Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Rev. Bob said...

Happy new year, Sharkie!

I fearlessly predict Burris will b seated. You read it here first. Reid desperately wants to seat Franken, even though Coleman threatens to keep it in court till the ice caps melt.

Now Reid and Obama say their lines and act all righteous. Next week both Burris and Franken get seated and the Republican manufactured outrage machine never even notices Franken.

Obama is a pro. The GOP amateurs won't even know what hit them. Not that he planned Blago's move, but he's on top of it already.

Bob said...

I stumbled across your blog earlier today and have been doing some very enjoyable/provocative/enlightening reading.
You are world class.
Loves it!

Anonymous said...

Until Rush got into the act, I had no idea that Burris was black. I am a body who doesn't follow Chicago politics closely. I was going to object to any Blagovich pick mainly because Blago is now at the position where politicians start throwing F-U bombs at their own party, and Blago would pick someone who owes a favor to him.

NancyP

Assrot said...

Happy New Year.

I can't imagine Burris or anyone else for that matter that would accept an appointment by Blago at this time. It amazes me that any honest politician would want an appointment from him.

Ooops, I digress. I have probably stated the greatest oxymoron on the planet. Honest politician ???

Indeed.

:-)

Joe

Anonymous said...

Thanx.
Made me go post Judy Collins singing that.
Now the song will be running through my head all day.

Appropriate though for what we are seeing.

Anonymous said...

ooga booga

Miss Trudy said...

Happy New Year. I love reading your blog.

Lori Watts said...

I'm not at all surprised that Blago the Hair Clown went ahead and made an appointment. He purports to be an innocent man, he's going to proceed as if everything were normal. He's using Burris as a demonstration of his proclaimed innocence...I only don't et why Burris accepted. Does anyone htink he has a real chabce of being seated?

Butch Boo said...

Happy New Year!

That was a great sing-a-long!

BB

X

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...