Friday, June 27, 2008

Oh no they didn’t try to slip this one past a bitch on a Friday…

A bitch remembers the anthrax by mail terror attacks very well. I worked for a radio ownership group that had just enough scandalicious on-air talent to warrant a security briefing for all staff that came in contact with mail. I’ll never forget watching the new reports of people who were ill or had died as a result of murder sent by post.

So, I’ve followed the case…or lack of a case…for years and I was intrigued by the Justice Department’s singling out of a certain former Army scientist named Steven Hatfill who was leaked as a person of interest in the 2001 anthrax attacks.

Well, that same Justice Department has reportedly reached a $5.8 million dollar settlement with Hatfill that will result in the dismissal of a case brought by Hatfill claiming that the Justice Department violated his privacy rights when they leaked his name to reporters.
The Associated Press reports Justice Department spokesman Brian Roehrkasse responding to the settlement with this bullshit, "The United States does not admit to any violation of the Privacy Act and continues to deny all liability in connection with Dr. Hatfill's claims."

Yeah, right.

Y’all are just gonna pay $2.825 million dollars up front then buy Hatfill a $3 million annuity that will pay him $150,000 each year for 20 years for the hell of it?

Uh uh, that dawg don’t hunt…plus, this bitch is beyond tired of government money going toward negotiated pay-offs for all the wrongs The Man has done.

If a bitch were in power (Ruler of the Known Universe or something like that...wink), all Justice Department employees who worked on this fubarity would be required to pay into the We-Fucked-Up-and-Spilled-Rumors-Dressed-Up-as-Facts-to-the-Press fund until they hit that magic $5.8 million dollar number or died trying.

Government minions would still do that wretched shit…but at least they’d do it with some fucking this-could-cost-me caution.

As for our government apprehending and prosecuting the organization, individuals or individual responsible for the 2001 anthrax attacks that sickened 17 and killed five people?

***cue crickets***

Mercy…

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always figured those attacks had to be by somebody who was new to this country. Why else would you attack the offices of the company that owns the National Enquirer and the Weekly World News? Because you picked up all those trashy tabloids at the grocery store checkout, noticed they were all printed by one company, and said "Aha! I have discovered the propaganda engine!"

Never you mind that inquiring minds don't beleive in Bat Boy.

Wonder Man said...

Interesting, I have to read more about it

CP said...

Problem is a lack of accountability. No one is ever well enough aware of consequence and if they did have to pay out everytime they screwed up, sure as shit the screw ups would be few and far between.

Flashtrigger said...

"Fubarity"...I love it.
I agree with you. I'm about sick of the fact that our government thinks we're idiotic and we'll forever be looking the other way. I have far more respect for someone when the words "Yeah, I fucked up...sorry" come tumbling out of the mouth, all sheepish-like.
(On another note, I've been reading off and on for well over 2 years, your writing is always something to look forward to after a less-than-awesome day at work.)

Yankee, Transferred said...

Once again, you are 100% on target with this.

Unknown said...

They don't admit anything, our federal fuckwits at the helm..hell, they never do!

Exactly how dumb do you think the feds think WE are?

Just curious Shark Fu. ;p

Shark-Fu said...

Dusty...
The Feds think we're as dumb as the masses continue to be or act like they are.

If the people dine on shit then why serve steak?

Unknown said...

I think the masses just don't give a shit..not that they are dumb.

Because there isn't an 'uprising' the Feds take that to mean no one is paying attention or they bought it hook, line and sinker.

But..I could be wrong Shark Fu..its been known to happen on occasion. wink

Anonymous said...

I have to hand it to you on this one. When a bitch is right, she's right as she can be. Pay the man the money, but cut the crap about the government accepts no responsibility. I love how my tax money is spent to clean up obvious screw ups. But this is nothing compared to the money thrown at the really big screw up called Iraq.

Anonymous said...

To top it off, they still haven't caught the anthrax mailer ... and probably never will.

Mo said...

I hate when folks claim innocence and then settle. That screams guilty to me.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Run for office so I can vote for you. Please.

Bush and his minions could easily afford to front that money. They should have to. If I fuck up and run something over in my truck the government does not pay for that! And I am not even rich or anything.

By the way - they never did catch the anthrax mailer. So.......uhhhh......Homeland Security??? REALLY!?!??!

Deech said...

Bitch,

Why not set up an insurance company especially for our US Government and charge them exhorbitant monthly fees to cover their asses for when they leak stuff out incorrectly...

I figure that whomever would set this up would get fucked only if the Government did something stupid in one quarter.....oh wait....shit you're right. It wouldn't work. Our Government gets something wrong every day!

Flyinfox_SATX

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hey there Shark-Fu!

I read about that settlement and I was FLOORED... you know the government is engaged in so much ...."shadiness"....!!!

Hmmmmmph.

A darn shame that the tax payers are the ones footing the bill for these...

Keep on blowing the trumpet!
{raised fist}
Lisa

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...