Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Update on a vote-based day…

Despite the rain, it’s been a fun day of vote-based joy! Unfortunately, I can’t post pictures because of confidentiality and so forth, but trust that there have been a lot of smiles and tons of laughter.

Keeping it real moment of the day so far (while getting ballots)…

Sistah Girl Student #1… “I need to vote, please!”

Poll volunteer, after handing over ballot… “Oh, don’t forget your sticker!”

Sistah Girl Student #1 (SGS#1)… “Cool!”

Poll volunteer, gesturing to SGS#1’s pregnant tummy… “And take another sticker for the future voter on the way.”

SGS#1, with a HUGE smile on her face… “Thank you!”

She pulled up her sweater and stuck the extra I Voted! sticker on her swollen stomach.

Priceless.

Toodles for now!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Polls open in Chi-town at 6:00. Dearly Beloved staggers out of bed at 5:58, flips on coffee pot, pulls on sweats and stumbles out the door. I get up at 6:02, pour 2 to-go mugs of coffee, pull on jeans, sneaks, and baseball cap (screw the bra - I have a coat on) and follow scant moments later. Our polling place is around the corner and there's already a line... but I hand the DB her coffee and we chat with neighbors until our turn at demonstrative democracy. I LOVE Voting Day!

Anonymous said...

Great News!

Ann Coulter is with US!

With her on Our Side, how could we possibly lose?

Rastus

Frogspond said...

I am sending good thoughts to the voter and future voter!!!

Very awesome!!!

Maya's Granny said...

Causing change in two generations! How wonderful.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I voted last week. But my state gets no delegates. But that is OK, it is not like Florida delegates ever mattered anyway. Getting to vote when voting matters is a good trade off there.

I picked Obama. I was going to go for Edwards, but changed my mind. I like the guy. He speaks well and his message is very positive. I think it is important for a President to be an excellent speaker. Republicans do not think this way.

GourmetGoddess said...

As I was leaving my polling place at the local elementary school, I got cheers and applause from all the little kids waiting to go to class. I got a bit choked up. There's hope for the future!

GoGo said...

absolutely priceless.

makes this heart just buzz w/ joy.

~gg

Anonymous said...

That's just too adorable.

Let's hear it for voting.

Megan said...

That gave me happy tears. Thanks.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...