Friday, November 09, 2007

I call bullshit...

Happy Friday, y’all!

Shall we?

This bitch witnessed a most interesting interview this morning on The Today Show between Meredith V. and a certain Ann Shoket of Seventeen Magazine. Oh, and Dr. Drew was there too…not that I gave a shit, because it was the exchange between the two women that woke this bitch up mid sip of coffee.

The topic was Girls Gone Wild OnlineWhy do women post drunken pictures?

***close eyes…pray for strength…continue***

No.

I’m not joking.

Cough.

After a pre-recorded segment showing how young women are posting pictures of themselves binge drinking and/or getting their freak on, Mere (and let me tell you, that child has got her disapproving Mom who never drank herself silly…not once, damn you…in college look down cold) engaged Dr. Drew in a brief ‘see, we consulted a trained medical expert’ exchange then moved on to ask her outraged ‘this is disturbing…don’t you find this disturbing?’ so leading it was already there question of Seventeen’s Ann Shoket.

Ann’s response?

“I mean, this is absolutely so disturbing!”

Blink.

Specifically, Ann Shoket of Seventeen Magazine is disturbed that some young women want fame from a little bit of debauchery (gasp!). Oh, and these youngsters have no sense that there are consequences for posting their wee bit of debauchery on the internets for all of the world to see.

It was about that moment when this bitch looked at Betsey the sorta-beagle and proclaimed Ann Shoket of Seventeen Magazine to be absolutely so very disturbingly totally like you know what I mean full of hypocritical bullshit.

The problem is that Ann Shoket and her minions at Seventeen Magazine have no sense of the social consequences that follow hyping young celebrity teens getting their debauch on after binge drinking and or drugging themselves silly.

But I trust that they all have a strong working knowledge of the cash consequences that result from selling that tired ass shit to the very population Ann was acting so disturbed by this morning.

These people need to cease bullshitting!

Shit, even the article about Britney Spears having a solid new album launch was written from the 'and we’re shocked because she’s our hot mess it girl of the moment' angle.

So, it’s safe to say that the young women who absolutely so disturb with their online debauch testimonials learned the attention getting value of posting pictures of their booze filled debauch from…well, from people like Ann Shoket of Seventeen Magazine.

Blink.

Ann? You’ve got to admit that you so like have a serious editor gone wild problem to fix that you know what I mean absolutely disturbing shit.

It’s time to look at the editor in the mirror…

…and make that change.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...Damn, Dandy needs a stiff drink after reading a bitch's post on more bullshit dealing with our young women.......hope my daughter wtn't watching

Lesboprof said...

Okay, so I buy your argument and critique. But can I ask... what is the deal with the (straight)girl-(straight)girl action in debauch pics from college drunken women? I mean, really! I assume it is about securing the male gaze and all, but it is really different to me. All these pics of girls grabbing other girls' boobs or touching tongues or whatever. And it is a totally white girl thing, as far as I have seen. I don't get it.

Shark-Fu said...

I'm with you on that Lesboprof. As far as I can tell it is a fad to rival that Jennifer Aniston haircut frenzy from back in the day.

But let someone threaten their job because of their girl on girl sorta makeout Myspace exhibit and they'll get straight faster than you can say bullshit.

Angie said...

Couldn't agree more, Shark-Fu...I actually saw this on Today and thought the same thing. For a mom, raising 3 daughters, makes my case for not allowing that Seventeen, Glamour, Fashion/Gossip magazine bullshit into my house.

My oldest daughter is off to college next year and we have had many a conversation about this very topic.

Any pictures of your sorta-beagle, Betsey?? We have two beagles. If you want a good laugh, go to my blog and see the pics of my newest beagle with his 'head-gear' on after his trip to the vet to be neutered......so cute.

Thanks for the post.....you hit the nail right on the head.

Unknown said...

Hey guys! lets all get drunk and POST SOME PICS! lol, what fools

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...