Monday, November 19, 2007

By request, a bitch’s Corn Casserole recipe…

A certain soldier sent this bitch a request. He’s home (horray!) and has been promised anything he wants from his momma’s kitchen.

And what did he ask for?

ABB’s fantabulous Corn Casserole!

Honey bun, your momma must be thrilled to have you home or I’m betting she would have boxed those ears for requesting someone else’s cooking out of her kitchen (wink).

I’m touched and sincerely hope you enjoy it.

Have a long and fantabulous visit…hug your momma every single chance you get…and know that I wish you the best as we work towards peace and an end to this war.

Blink…blink….blink, blink, blink and another blink.

Oh shit, there goes my mascara…

ABB's Corn Casserole Yumminess...
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can creamed corn2 eggs, beaten
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
1 stick butter, melted (or 1/2 c. oil)
1 c. sour cream
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (opt.)
Shredded cheese (opt.)

Mix all ingredients except cheese. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top, if desired. Bake in casserole dish or 9"x13" baking dish for 30 to 45 minutes or until fully cooked in center.

And you'd better thank your momma twice...

6 comments:

cheapblueguitar said...

I love your casserole recipe. I've been making it for holidays for the last couple years. Yumminess indeed.

AOB said...

We are doing rib eyes...with ABB corn casserole yumminess as well

Anonymous said...

This will be a nice addition on Turkey Day.

PortlyDyke said...

You know I'm gonna be havin' some of that.

more cowbell said...

No way! Hey hey, we've got something in common. This recipe has been a favorite in my family since I was a kid - we call it Spoon Bread. All these years later it's a MUST at holiday dinners. You know I'll be enjoying that, no matter what it's called.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

That sounds like a gret recipe. I was going to make corn bread, but I wanted to do something different. . . sounds perfect except I think I will add one thing. . . BACON, about six-eight strip of good hickory smoked thick sliced bacon chopped up.

(yea, I'm the cook in the family)

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...