Saturday, August 20, 2005

Mercy, mercy me...

If you didn’t read blogs or progressive media sites you would be very confused by the news today. It would seem odd to you that all the major news outlets were covering the discovery of a woman’s body…a woman that you really wouldn’t have been aware was missing.

No longer a missing mother without coverage, LaToyia Figueroa is now a victim with coverage nationwide.

Murder is front-page news, but the desperate search mounted by her family, friends and community wasn’t worth 15 minutes of airtime.

A bitch is mad! Livid! Shout to the heavens angry!

Look at how eager NBC is to cover a murdered LaToyia.

Note how detailed ABC is as they relate the story for the first fucking time.

Read about the discovery of LaToyia’s murdered body on CNN…fuckers!

31 days of pain, agony, worry, frustration, terror and anguish.

31 days without coverage.

31 days without LaToyia.

LaToyia…may you be at peace, be with your creator and be with the child who was murdered within you…

Rest and be blessed.

This struggle called life is left to the living and we have much work to do…

4 comments:

The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, I'm digging the blog by the way.

Maidy said...

Thank you, ABB, for your words. We bloggers here in Philly are pretty upset. I'm just thankful she HAS been found.

My heart goes out not only to LaToyia's family, but to ALL families who have loved one who are STILL missing.

Nothing happens in this world of ours without reason. I believe that.

CrankyProf said...

A tragic as her death is -- as horrible as it is that her boyfriend (and father of the unborn child) is the one who did it -- at leas ther family can lay her to reast. At least there is closure.

It's more than a lot of families get.

What frosts my flakes is the lack of attention the case got over the last month. She wasn't white, blonde, blue-eyed and perky enough for the national news, I guess. Meanwhile, Greta Van Newswhore is coviering Natalee Holloway, 24/7. Hell, yeah -- I'm disgusted and fucking bitter.

BarefootCajun said...

I'm so very pissed about the non-coverage of this story. Had they covered it sooner, could she have been saved? Probably not but neither could Laci Peterson or Natalee Holloway (yep I think she's dead).

LaToya was a beautiful pregnant woman who deserved the same type of coverage and it's fucking wrong that she didn't get it.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...