Wednesday, March 09, 2011

What the frack?

 
Oh, my Gawd.

Where to start?

Shit, we’ll start at the beginning!

I sent Senator Roy Blunt (R-Missouri) a message telling him why defunding Title X is fiscally and morally irresponsible and that Missouri needs community health care providers like Planned Parenthood. 

Senator Blunt replied with his anti-choice resume form letter that completely dodged the issue of fiscal irresponsibility in a time of great economic fuckeduptitude and instead peevishly scolded me for supporting a Constitutionally protected right.

Silly constituent!

Rights are for rich straight white men over 60!

Oh, but wait…there’s more.

Within hours, Senator Blunt’s e-newsletter broke into my email inbox.

I am not fucking kidding you!

The Blunt minions signed this bitch up for his e-newsletter!

I sat there looking at his smug grin.


And…well, I didn’t have the strength to read the e-newsletter at that time.

I decided to read it this morning.

And it fucking gets better!

Senator Blunt is trying to cash in on the high gas prices by advertising his anti-environment pro-gas industry Gas Accessibility and Stabilization (GAS) Act.

Blunt’s solution to the high gas prices is to deregulate the gas industry…’cause in his mind, mandating that gas meet certain standards is part of the problem. 

Deregulation is just the beginning. 

Blunt more wants us to look toward “more conventional energy sources” and he points to looking for oil close to home (translation – off shore drilling) and natural gas (translation – fracking)…

…oh and he tossed in a nod to look for alternative sources like renewable fuels and battery-powered vehicles.  

The e-newsletter ended with Senator Blunt urging me to follow him on Facebook and Twitter.

***blank stare***

I need to follow Senator Blunt on Twitter and Facebook like I need a drug resistant yeast infection.

And given what’s going on due to natural gas exploration in our neighboring state of Arkansas, I think I’ll take a pass on more fracking in Missouri...

Blink.

9 comments:

Memnet said...

*buries face in hands* words fail me.

harm94 said...

The same thing happened to me! I wrote him pleading not to defund Planned Parenthood and received a form letter explaining his stance on fiscal responsibility. Apparently, if you send him a letter regardless if you support his position or not, you're signed up for his newsletter! I promptly unsubscribed after reading about the GAS Act...

Jaelithe said...

Hey, this thing could be a writing material gold mine. You could mock his newsletter every week!

I actually got the entire MOMocrats staff kicked off of the McCain campaign email list during the 2008 election by thoroughly and publicly debunking the lies in one of the campaign emails. It was a way more satisfying exit than the unsubscribe button.

SMeyer said...

Oh why oh why am I not surprised at his assholishness? Btw, you'll love this new assult on anti-discrimination -not Blunt sponsored, another jackass- but a serious MO issue just the same. http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/article_dc43a54a-4aa4-5aed-8e72-5c0e0050ab6e.html

Jeffrey Ricker said...

Little fucker did the same thing to me too. I have enough shit in my life without having to look at his rancid stunt-double-for-The-Joker face. I unsubscribed and then dragged that shit to the spam folder, where it belongs.

Anonymous said...

How did someone who likes the the joker get into office. Man he must have promised the world to the right people.

Unknown said...

You my friend are a star !!!!!

Ange said...

Shoulda seen some of the personal looks and responses I got from Mo staff when talking about restraint and seclusion in missouri & the nation. & the stupid form letters were the worst. Claire's staff was the worst toward me with that issue. At least Kit Bond's staff pretended to care. Now Akin? Don't get me started. I haven't dealt with Blunt yet, don't have the stomach. And I've had enough personal dealings with Wallace re education in MO state to just give up in MO.

ChristopherM said...

Girl, I get the same pieces of shit from Mitch McConnell.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...