Monday, March 21, 2011

The Twitter, the moon, and catching up on shit...


Shall we?

Twitter turns five years old today and this bitch is addicted.

I am!

I adore Twitter and I really appreciate it when all hell is breaking out around the world.

I’ve been catching up on what’s happening in Libya…reading tweets and clicking links to articles.  And this is just the latest event that I’ve been able to monitor through Twitter better than I remember monitoring news before tweets came into my world.  News on Twitter may not be vetted…Lawd knows that there is plenty of inaccurate bullshit that gets tweeted and then retweeted…but I find that knowing some of the material isn’t vetted helps me weigh the integrity of the news I’m getting.

Anyhoo, I’ve been out of the loop and knee deep in health care related activism…so I’m still working through the who, what, where and when of the drama in Libya. 

What I do know is that we are facing some very troubling times…innocent people are dying and suffering…and things are only going to get worse before we can even consider them getting better.

Sigh.

I woke up this morning to the sight of that huge bright moon in the sky.

It was glowing…so bright and peaceful…situated just so in the sky and looking down at a world that seems dedicated to the pursuit of absolute fubar.

I though about taking a picture and tweeting it...but I opted to just experience it instead.

Have a good Monday, y’all.

***logs off to check out the moon again...and then look at Twitter one more time before getting ready for work***

2 comments:

CeCe said...

I wrote this post about Libya. It's up to date as of Sunday afternoon. It also includes some basics about the country's structure. I'm actually writing a series of posts about all the Middle East and African protests. Check it out.

Unknown said...

Hey, Shark-Fu, have you seen this article at Racialicious? I saw it and thought of you, and it makes me feel happiness and hope, in an odd sort of way.

http://www.racialicious.com/2011/03/21/beyond-manning-up-an-nyc-paramedic-speaks-out-about-mens-violence-against-women/

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...