Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Thank you.


This International Women’s Day we celebrate 100 years of honoring the achievements and role of women in communities all over the world.
I’m celebrating by thanking the women who don’t show up in a Google search.

To the women in the grassroots working hard and getting shit done - Thank You!

Today I’ll cast my vote in an election because of you.

Thank you!

Today I’ll walk through the front door of a business without fear with my head held high because of you.

Thank you!

Today I’ll get my activist on in the struggle to defend and expand access to health care for all because of you.

Thank you!

Today I’ll take my inheritance of justice out for yet another drive because of you.

Thank you!

Today and every day going forward I will expect, demand, fight for, and achieve justice…

…because of you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

THANK YOU.

And thank you for International Women’s Day too.

1 comment:

Kiki said...

I love this....thank you!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...