Monday, December 06, 2010

You've got to be fucking kidding me...


Happy Monday, y'all!

A bitch is awake, drinking coffee and full of bitchitude.

Shall we?

Word has come down that the Obama Administration is getting their compromise on with the GOP again.  This time it’s over the fuck up that keeps on fucking – President Bush II’s tax cuts for the rich.  Word is that the Obama Administration is willing to extend those tax cuts for the richest among us in order to get tax cuts for the middle class and the extension of unemployment benefits that is currently being held hostage by a do-nothing lame duck for a reason Congress.

Now there are a lot of sharp angles here, so we’re going to navigate this shit carefully.

Am I the only one who sees that smug ass elephant sipping tea in the middle of the room?
A bitch has been screaming at the television with each news segment covering this shit.

And the chorus asks… “Why are you screaming, Shark-Fu?”

I’m glad you asked!

I’m screaming because no one is asking the question this bitch would ask if my ass got a chance to talk to these fools – what the fuck have the masses gotten out of tax cuts for the rich?

***cue crickets***

Have they created jobs?

Have they stabilized markets?

Have they calmed the business sector?

Have they stimulated anything other than the orgasmic greed of the rich?

***listen as crickets tune up their instruments***

Shit.

There’s a big assed smug as hell elephant sitting in the middle of the room sipping tea, people!  Because the GOP is fixin' to pull one hell of a do-nothing while profiting few tax cut extension hustle…and it doesn’t have to happen.

It doesn’t!

Just once…just one fucking time…I’d like for people to challenge these assholes to break it down – how the hell are these tax cuts a necessary thing when we got into this fubar with the same fucking tax cuts in place and when they will do nothing to address anything other than rich people’s craven need to not participate equally in the capitalist machine?

Christ.

Moving forward…

Have we really come to this or is this where we’ve been all along?
Food and shelter for the unemployed masses are being held captive by politicians trying to figure out how to prevent rich people from feeling any of the economic horror facing the rest of us.

When we the people are presented the argument that fighting to extend tax cuts for the rich is worth delaying unemployment benefits for hard working average Americans…and that argument is entertained without a full public shaming of the GOP for having the unmitigated gall to articulated it given all that they’re economic policies have put the American people through…all while the present administration cowers whimpering in a political corner they created by inviting that vampire to dinner and discussions in the first fucking place…shit….

…when this is our new reality, we the people have been hoodwinked and bamboozled!

And yes, I’m looking at those that adore tea too – y’all got hustled, ‘cause this shit is politics as usual and you fucked it last night.

Ugh.

But I'm not holding out for a reckoning...not yet, anyway.
A bitch is watching this unfold like a train wreck in slow motion.

By extending the Bush tax cuts for the rich, government will extend the status quo.  The same status quo that ain’t working for shit.  So in reality the Obama Administration is trading unemployment benefits for tax cuts so they can kick the ball down the road a year or two.

The sad thing is we’ve been here before.  Or at least some of us have – I’m old enough to remember this trickle-down shit from the Reagan years and trust that it put a hurt on the nation for years.

Hell, I still have nightmares!

But here we are again…listening to the same tired ass promises from all sides and watching the same sorry ass play while these fiends raid out pockets in the coatroom.

I’m not holding out hope for a reckoning…not yet…not in an America where most are comfortable believing that the wages of poverty are hunger, want and need.

The masses are gleefully feasting on Soylent Green and far too many buy the idea that this is the way things need to be…

“Hush your mouth!” they caution.

“Massa gonna give us a slice of that bacon!”

Blink.

***logs off as cricket orchestra begins Mozart’s Requiem Mass in D minor***

17 comments:

libhom said...

Tax cuts for the rich did stimulate one thing: the housing bubble.

Throwing money at the rich always leads top economic instability.

Anonymous said...

Things ain't gonna get better until after the second round of defenestrations.

mmmpossible said...

My sentiments exactly. Well put Sharkfu

Anonymous said...

This comes as no surprise because instead of really going after these folks who continually say no to anything that doesn't make their frieds a buck, they insist on "compromising". It's not a compromise if you have to give so much to get a little. They need to say to folks, "ask the Republicans why they refuse to help people who pay taxes and need help. Ask the Replicans to show us with proof from the past 30 years where the cash has trickled to and if they are so against big government then why are they begging that same govenrmnet for loot. These beggers always have their hands out. I mean always! Obama needs to show just how bad this would be for the country. Break out some charts and graphs and show the facts then call them on their insanity. Put it to the people and get them yelling at the Republicans, I mean at the beggers.

CR said...

America's finest news source provides the only evidence I've seen about the success of trickle-down economics.

It's also stunning that the cutoff for the top tax bracket is the same as it was in 1965--if you don't adjust for 45 years of inflation.

Anonymous said...

First, I'm glad you're on the mend and might I suggest using a swimmers nose clip and thus (hopefully) negating the sneezing issue altogether? ;-)

In regards to this post...
I'm pretty ignorant regarding politics and policies so this is one of those issues that doesn't really help.
Tax cuts for the rich=bad
Help for the unemployed=good
I got that, but what I haven't seen is the details and honestly, I don't know where to look to find them.
What exactly are the tax cuts? Is it a percentage of federal wage tax?
Help?
Thanks :)

Shark-Fu said...

Great questions!

These "tax cuts" are actually currently in place. We're paying for them and the current move by the Obama Administration was to extend the cuts.

On the table was Obama's campaign promise to not extend the cuts for the richest among us. The logic being that to not extend the tax cuts for rich folks may actually bring them closer in percent of tax paid to the majority of Americans.

The GOP revolted...and, post election, they managed to hold the extension of unemployment benefits hostage. In short, they and their minions were willing to screw the masses for the sake of the rich.

The deal is seen as a cave by Obama on a campaign promise by those who feel he should have called the GOPs bluff and let it all go to hell and expire so we could finally hash this ig'nant mess out for once and for all.

'Tis true that Obama dissed his campaign promise. But 'tis also true that we do not have progressive consensus.

Thus everyone but rich people and the GOP got screwed...the status quo is maintained...and the unemployed will eat one hell of an expensive Christmas dinner this year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101206/ap_on_bi_ge/us_tax_cuts

Anonymous said...

I don't know who you are, but I'm glad I found you. You're inspiring and exciting and I am eager to see what else a bitch has to say~

Rock on.
MG

Anonymous said...

Always love your take girl....but this time I gotta just throw out to you that you need to, maybe just for a minute, put yourself in the place of a person that is currently long term unemployed.

I have lost damn near everything but my house. 401K....gone, IRS snipping at my door, credit cards all maxed out and consolidated, but if I lose unemployment now, well I'll be living with my kids. There are not 60 votes in the Senate and there sure as hell won't be come January 5th. I SO wish we never had to compromise, but I'm damn sure glad to see he is trying now. (and yes, right now it is purely personal)

Keep up the good fight! sincerely

Shark-Fu said...

Anonymous - thanks for the realness and the reminder that this shit isn't simple and, for many, is personal as hell!

'nuff already said...

I love this blog. I love how you write...but when it comes to your politics, you one stupid bitch...

Rich people make the world go 'round...always have, always will. Fact of life...get over it already.

Without rich people, poor people have no jobs (and there will always be the poor among us...and that's straight from the good book!) and those who think otherwise, well, they sipping the koolaid big time.

You know deep down, if you're willing to go there, that leveling the playing field is not only impossible, but undesirable. Talk about unsustainable....

And before you go getting your 'fro super-sized, I've been unemployed since October 2008. I was self-employed so ineligible to collect unemployment benefits (despite having paid into the system for over 20 years). I worked for the census and took a seasonal holiday job where I earn in an hour what I use to make in 6.5 minutes. We're struggling, but we'll get by.

And as a result of the tax cut extensions, my husband's co will be hiring three people next year rather than laying off two more...

Long live GWB...one of our best president's ever...

Shark-Fu said...

Um, wow 'nuff already.

Thanks for speaking on behalf of the Borg!

And I rest my motherfucking case...

'nuff already said...

Okay, here's one for you. Both my parents died before I turned 15. I lived with my sister who turned 21 two days before my father died. My parents were not rich. They did not own a home. My sister dropped out of college so she could take care of me. After all the medical bills were paid, my third-share of my parent's "estate," was not even enough to buy a used car after highschool to transport me back and forth to our local community college, which I attended because when I applied for a BOEG (that's Basic Education Opportunity Grant), I was denied, based on zip code. That's right, zip code! I lived in the burbs, not the blighted inner city! So despite having no parents, no income, etc. someone decided, based on zip code alone, that I was not worthy enough, or perhaps, black enough.

I know how hard it is to pull yourself up by your own boot straps. I also know if money was the answer the problem of our inner cities would have been solved a long time ago.

So, please don't make assumptions
about "borg" as you may just be wrong. I wasn't born with the full silver service for 40 up my butt...I earned it...despite the obstacles? Or more accurately, perhaps, in spite of the obstacles.

Mike said...

Well Shark-Fu, I gotta tell you...this sort of nonsense has been going on in America for a hell of a long time.

Like that little war in the middle of the 19th century that rich white slave owners told their poor white mostly conscripted army was about "state's rights" and the "dignity of the southern way of life" when all it was really about was maintaining a free work force for the above mentioned slave owners.

The reason Republicans and some Dems are playing this zero-sum game with Obama is because they know they can. They know that there are millions of frightened, ignorant poor white people out there who are willing to think the worst about this president based on his skin color and nothing else. They know that there is a Fox News out there giving these folks red meat to feed their delusions every day. And they know that if they want to keep their jobs in this unregulated- election-financing world, they had better bow to their corporate overlords.

Oh, change is coming to America. And it ain't gonna be pretty.

numol said...

@Shark-Fu: Your perspective is, as always, much clearer and more honest than the news. Good to see that only the one Borg drone has shown up so far; hopefully there won't be any more.

@Mike: The points you make scare the crap out of me, and I really wish that there were any reason at all for me to think you are wrong. Reality is terrifying.

Good luck to you both, and to everyone speaking the truth and dealing with governmental fuckery in these scary, scary times.

Shark-Fu said...

'nuff already...

That's the kind of serf mentality that get's working people no where fast.

And I'm tempted to debate the issue...really, I am.

But you went and shat the bed with the "black enough" comment...which indicates a level of Borg indoctrination known to be resistant to discussion, debate or coherent thought.

Just as you were not born set for life, my blackness didn't score me a pass to a damn thing but a lifetime of ignorant assholes like you tossing it in my face as if it comes with all kinds of benefits.

I earned what I have too...blood sweat and tears, m'dear.

I just happen to think the rich ought to break a damn sweat, contribute as I do and earn some shit too.

Now get thee gone back to the mother ship...

Anonymous said...

so sick of the twisted alternative. ughh! tossing my cookies blah!!!!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...