Thursday, December 09, 2010

The spice must flow…

 
Okay, so I tried to write this post-based pondering of the Wikileaks happening before my mid-day nap (Lawd, I feel like a freaking toddler!!), but I suspect Microsoft Word is in partnership with and/or under attack from Anonymous from the Data Army ‘cause it crashed on a bitch twice and didn’t save a damn bit of what I wrote.

Coincidence?

A message from the shadowlands?

Or could it be The Man?!?

Shudder.

Here’s hoping the third time is the charm!

Caution - if you’ve never read Dune or seen the cheesy 1984 movie version, this post might not make a lick of sense.

I’ve been trying to catch up on all things Wikileaks.  There’s a lot to sort through and it’s taking me more time than I expected, but I’ve arrived at one conclusion – this reminds a bitch of the plot of Dune.

What?

Oh come on!

Data is the Spice, the overly digitized tech addicted west is the Known Universe, western coalitions are the Spacing Guild…um, Julian Assange is Paul...and so forth and so on.

There’s even talk of plots and faux allegiances forged to silence opposition and keep the Spice…um, data…in the hands of the few!

Mercy.

A bitch is holding out judgment on this shit for now.

Catch that knee, lest thee fell thy neighbor!

I’m using the Ellsberg test for this shit…and, even though Ellsberg feels this is Ellsbergian, I'm still wading through what is known and what is bullshit.

I love a good conspiracy theory real time thriller against The Man as much as the next person…but so far all I’ve seen is schadenfreudal joy inducing embarrassing information confirming that government is doing exactly what I suspected government was doing out in the known world.

That doesn’t mean that I won’t ultimately determine that this happening is Ellsbergian, it just means I’m still doing my homework.

Pause…sip yummified Sun Drop soda pop…continue.

Having said that, I’d like to formally declare myself in a neutral holding pattern for the moment and thus worthy of a Walk On By pass from the Data Army.

***cross fingers and hit save***

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish more people would take a pause to take a breath about Wikileaks. It's called thinking, not bleating. Talk about your digital sheep on both sides of the argument.

Abstentus said...

Well I don't think it's time to break out the family atomics, just yet. (Love the analogy, BTW.)

Roderick said...

I am somewhat ambivelent about the release of the Wikileaks, but I lean toward their disclosure because I believe it will be a catalyst toward uncovering the foul dealings of the global elite which have been going on for decades if not centuries.

Furthermore I believe that Assange has been arrested because he threated to release documents from a large bank and that information would have some links to the global financial meltdown and include a great deal of interaction with various world governments especially the U.S.

macnow said...

Being a former army intel soldier with a top level clearance, you would think I would have a real problem with this whole wiki leaks thing...

but; its sometimes tough to give a clear answer, specifically when so much noise is being generated.

I have not been happy with what has been going on for the last 20 years, and the last ten have been ridicules. Valeria Plame anybody.

Part of my job in intel was to locate high value targets. I had to listen pass all the noise to hear the real true signal. This I did with backing intelligence for probable location etc. I was good and received medals for two incidents. One during peace time; and one during the first gulf war.

To make a long analysis short... there is a lot of noise and false targets trying to take people's attention off the true message.

The whole Assange thing is a joke and the trumped up charges are falling apart as we speak. But my gut tells me those were never meant to stick, just to demonize the messenger and message... oh and buy some time to get the real charges out there; which will be some secrets espionage, illegality type thing.

In times like these I keep hearing Theodore Parker's famous quote from "Of Justice and the Conscience" sermon (1853) that Martin Luther King gave a very similar and more conscise quote:

"The arc of history is long, but it bends toward justice..."

I also like:

"However difficult the moment, however frustrating the hour, it will not be long, because truth pressed to the earth will rise again."

I also dig the Dune mash up, brilliance.

Anonymous said...

Youtube.com has a very good 4-part Swedish documentary called Wiki rebels.
I was horrified by the film of helicopter attacks on innocents. Everyone should see the shit we're paying for.

Let them rage, but do they deny the truth of anything?

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...