Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thank the gods for hockey…


UPDATE!

The Blues shat the bed in Detroit last night.

Sob.

They played really well for most of the game and then they fell apart...collapsed...seemed to regress back to junior hockey players right before my eyes!

Fuck a duck...this must stop!

A bitch is superstitious as hell, so I looked at my pre-game ritual to see if maybe something was off or new or easy to blame.

Cue Jaro the hockey gnome!

Mmmhmmm, C-Money gave Jaro the hockey gnome to me and he comes out of his box now to watch Blue's hockey...only when Jaro the hockey gnome is watching the Blues don't seem to be winning.

Damn it...it must be the gnome.

I hereby banish Jaro the hockey gnome to the dawg crate until the Blues cease shitting the bed!


Original post...
A bitch is in the final days of my pre-surgery work week and stressed out beyond all previous stressed out levels.

Fuck it…let’s talk hockey!

My beloved Blues, struggling after a fantabulous Halakian start to the season, take to the ice tonight against those damned Detroit Red Wings.

The Wings are…well, they’re the Wings – they sit at #2 in the West and they play to win.

The Blues are…well, they’re the Blues – they sit at #5 in the West and they’ve been unstable as hell.

But fuck it…let’s go Blues!

This bitch is going to cheer for the home team to pull out of our slump and wrap up this road trip with a big win.

Thank the gods for the stress distractitude of hockey!

8 comments:

ttv said...

wew! it's okay, but for me, I still love hockey sistah.. :-)

Julia Williams said...

Looking forward to the game! As a Wings fan for my entire life, I have lived throught the great, the supremely awful, the mediocre, and the now-consistently wonderful hockey played by my home-town team. I love the game, and my Wings! I remember watching them on channel 9 Windsor, in B&W, before any expansion teams, goalie masks, or padding. Hail Olympia, Gordie, and the Norris division! And if hockey can't cheer you up, get your juices flowing, engage you, I can't imagine what can. Go Wings!

Julia Williams said...

Looking forward to the game! As a Wings fan for my entire life, I have lived throught the great, the supremely awful, the mediocre, and the now-consistently wonderful hockey played by my home-town team. I love the game, and my Wings! I remember watching them on channel 9 Windsor, in B&W, before any expansion teams, goalie masks, or padding. Hail Olympia, Gordie, and the Norris division! And if hockey can't cheer you up, get your juices flowing, engage you, I can't imagine what can. Go Wings!

Tezcatlipoca said...

Ahem...

WINGS!!!

Rileysdtr said...

Hail, Hail Hockeytown! Althoguh I do sincerely hope TJ Oshie is better real soon...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are feeling stressed about the surgery. Everything will go well. I just know it. Be encouraged. And cheer for your team like there's no tomorrow.

I am stressed out in Chicago looking for work so I can relate to high levels of anxiety and our hockey team is struggling. Arggggg and double Argggggg.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Finding the culprit is soooooooooooooo important. and the crowd chanted....banish the gnome, banish the gnome.

Julia Williams said...

The Blues DID play really well for over 50 minutes of the game. They had great puck control, were in the Wings' faces for most of the game (if Howard hadn't had a fantastic game, the Wings would have definitely lost), and shut down the offense in the neutral zone very effectively. The overall stats for the Blues were better, too. I have to say, it is difficult to play vs the Wings, because they have 4 lines that are all dangerous, and that can wear you down (and the top 2 lines did jack last night). Anyway, the Blues gave us a great game, (was sometimes painful to watch), and certainly gave the Wings a few spankings.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...