Friday, November 19, 2010

Lawd, have mercy…

 
This has been quite a week!

First, let me send well wishes to my soon-to-be hystersister Pam Spaulding of Pam’s House Blend, who will also be having her surgery Monday!

And no, we are not the same person.

Wink.

A bitch has been frantically trying to wrap shit up because today is my last day at work before Monday’s surgery and the 4 to 6 weeks of recovery that will follow.

I’m tired as hell because I haven’t been sleeping well…stressed out because I’m a control freak and there ain’t no controlling this situation…and freakishly relieved that surgery day is finally almost here.

This process has been a learning experience…big time!

I’ve learned that my body is tired as hell of my neglect and letting a bitch know in all kinds of ways.

I’ve learned that iron supplements piss off a bitch’s innards…and spinach sautéed in olive oil with garlic is yummy as hell.

And I’ve learned that I’ve got the most amazing people in my life…folks who have blown me away with their support and tolerance (‘cause a bitch has been a bitch this week!).

Love y’all!

Sigh.

So, I’m going to go get dressed and drag my ass into work…gonna try to do what I can do and try not to fret over what I can’t do.

Toodles for now and have a fantabulous Friday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you on Monday! Hope everything goes well with the surgery and your recovery.

Rileysdtr said...

Nowhere in the Calendar of Saints is there a patron saint of fibroids so I am going to wing it... will light a candle to St. Cecilia, whose day is Monday, and St. George, patron saint of soldiers, since you are once fierce fighter!

Good luck!

NancyP said...

You and Pam ARE dawgsysters, though.

Anonymous said...

just reading the words "iron supplements" made me cringe. never again !!

barbara

Pam Spaulding said...

Will be thinking about you when I go lights-out during anesthesia. I go in at 5:45AM ET on Monday.

Fibroids, you are outta there!

hugs,
--P.

DesertRose said...

Will be thinking of you and Pam and sending energy for successful surgeries and quick recoveries.

escalante blogger said...

How I wish to be in a good condition also.

Binge Sleeper said...

Good vibes to both of you wonderful women! Some folks will do anything not to have to put up with Thanksgiving craziness. Play that. Here's to ya!

Damned at Random said...

I really enjoyed your posting at Balloon Juice. Best wishes for the surgery and recovery. Try to stay angry despite the good stuff available post-surgery

RachelB said...

I wish you a swift and uneventful recovery, Shark-fu!

littlem said...

*peeks in to see how you are & if you need anything*

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...