Wednesday, July 07, 2010

On legal test drives...

A bitch has got to pack, so this one’s gonna be quick.

The Justice Department is suing the state of Arizona over their new immigration law on the grounds that the federal government, not states, is responsible for immigration.

Now some people are pissed off that the federal government is taking Arizona to court…but a bitch applauds the hell out of this shit.

Since this law was signed, people have been arguing and boycotting and protesting and drinking tea like they're a Tory and it’s 1776…

...now this shit will finally be argued and decided in a court of law.

That’s not to say that the court will get it right (anyone remember Dred Scott?)…but we are a nation of laws and a nation that has been struggling with this states rights issue since Independence Day, so this upcoming court battle was inevitable.

So, let’s take this Arizona immigration law out for a legal test ride and see how it handles on Constitution Ave…

6 comments:

Laura Elizabeth said...

My response was "it's about freakin' time!" I had my fingers crossed ever since the Secretary of State let it "slip" that the Justice Department was going to do something about that stupid law. I was afraid nothing would happen. I'm really, really happy JD got it's shit together and opened suit.

Anonymous said...

Yes! So excited about this and can't wait for them to get into it.

I love me some feds vs states drama.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

Thanks for the perspective. My post on the topic is a more reactionary and a little less thoughtful that your. . . as per usual.

The premier Gay Pagan American said...

Yes, this law can be twisted into a biased and racial tool. However, we need tough, hard laws in place for illegal immigration. While I applaud the need that this law fills, I do not support or applaud the implementation or the broadness of it. Hell, get me good and tanned and drop me off in Arizona, I could be shipped to Mexico. That's where the problem is.

Unknown said...

Hi angryblackbitch, i love your blog and i have been trying to follow you for a couple of years but can never find a way, maybe im blind or just really tired each time i look but i would be greatfull if you could tell me how i can follow, as i have suggested you to a few friends and now there asking me...Love the bitch's boutique by the way. So glad i found you again, i also have a blog maybe not worth checkin out yet but it soon will be, thanks for reading.

Shark-Fu said...

Hi Sassi!

Thanks for reading! You'll find my site feed below my Archives titled A bitch's site feed (wink)...click on it and you should be able to follow.

Thanks!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...