Monday, May 31, 2010

Yes, a bitch is featured in the June 2010 issue of St. Louis Magazine!

Yep, that’s me.

The very fantabulous Stefene Russell wrote about this bitch for the June issue of St. Louis Magazine – ‘tis on the stands and St. Louisans can check it out, but the article isn’t online just yet.

They do have a podcast up about the June issue, though.

Minor correction to the podcast – a bitch was actually born in St. Paul Minnesota but I was certainly raised in St. Louis Missouri!

Anyhoo, I’ll post a link as soon as the article goes online.

Many thanks to Stefene Russell and all the folks at St. Louis Magazine for choosing to profile a bitch...

...and tons of thanks to a certain Matt Marcinkowski, photographer extraordinaire, who made this bitch look good and my Afro look even better!

10 comments:

NC17 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jeffrey Ricker said...

I soo want to buy a copy of that photo of you with SistaGirlMacBook. It is, in a word, fantabulous.

J9 said...

But their flickr account has the images of your story - and you look great!

Shark-Fu said...

LOL, Jeff - you'll have to get in line behind C-Money. Thanks!

Oh, I didn't know the pictures were on their flickr account...too cool. And thanks!

Delux said...

You were born in Minnesota?

....

Doesnt that make you less extraordinarily Black?

Shark-Fu said...

Delux...
I was told that Prince being from Minneapolis maintains the proper level of Black for those of us born in Minnesota.

But I suspect my dislike of watermellon is what's behind my lost-in-the-mail Race Card.

Wink.

Jaelithe said...

I was standing in the supermarket checkout line yesterday and saw something on the cover of St. Louis Mag about a local blogger making international waves. So I picked it up to see whether the profilee was someone who truly deserved such a blurb. And lo and behold, it was!

Congrats, Bitch! It's about time you got this sort of recognition. Seeing your Afro in a magazine photo spread honestly made my day.

Shark-Fu said...

Thanks Jaelithe! So far I'm still able to hit the Walgreens without being recognized so I'm cool with it (wink)...

Rileysdtr said...

(Prince is black?)

Shark-Fu said...

LOL!

You know you are wrong for that, Rileysdtr!!

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...